Ok< so i am new to blackberry's. i have a curve 8330. im trying to find out how i can download movies onto my blackberry. does anyone have any web site suggestions and advice on how to do so?
    08-19-08 12:14 PM
    Downloading is wrong! Would you steal from a convenience store? Stealing is stealing! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 12:31 PM
    There are plenty of free programs that will convert video u have to work on ur bb...u can find em on here

08-19-08 12:39 PM
    Try videos4blackberry.info. Also, try reading the Blackberry 101 lecture series post on Movies and Videos. You can find it in the Help and Discussion Forums drop down menu above.
    08-19-08 12:49 PM
    Try videos4blackberry.info. Also, try reading the Blackberry 101 lecture series post on Movies and Videos. You can find it in the Help and Discussion Forums drop down menu above.

i've been there... they have a decent selection....
    08-19-08 12:56 PM
    Check the links in my signature to find videos and how you can convert them.
    08-19-08 12:59 PM
    I have been using software from slysoft for two years to copy, compress and download movies to first, my treo, and now my curve. It costs a few bucks, but is totally ***** proof.
    08-19-08 06:23 PM
    If you go to the video section someone already has some vids on his site that have been converterd. It's title Movies I think but mis-spelled.
    08-19-08 06:38 PM
    I tried downloadin some tv shows from this website and this pops up

HTTP Error 403: Forbidden you are not authorized
    to view this page.please try loading a different page.

What do I do?
    08-19-08 06:53 PM
    I'm going to have to check this site out. Need something to pass the time on the train to work in the am.

08-19-08 07:01 PM
    Go to google and type in SUPER. Download that program. Convert your movie. Transfer to media card. Insert media card into phone. Go to media section on phone. Go to movies section. Pick movie. Play movie.

08-19-08 07:06 PM
    What do I do?
    Stay away from websites and look into P2P.

It's much 'safer' to obtain movies over P2P than downloading them from a site like blackberryvids, videos4blackberry or any other 'direct download' web site. Not only can the site get busted, but all the MPAA or RIAA needs to do is examine the server logs and trace back the ip addresses to the people who downloaded files. Not good.

Sure you'll have to convert the videos yourself, but nothing good is ever simple and easy.
    08-19-08 08:00 PM
    Stay away from websites and look into P2P.

It's much 'safer' to obtain movies over P2P than downloading them from a site like blackberryvids, videos4blackberry or any other 'direct download' web site. Not only can the site get busted, but all the MPAA or RIAA needs to do is examine the server logs and trace back the ip addresses to the people who downloaded files. Not good.

Sure you'll have to convert the videos yourself, but nothing good is ever simple and easy.
    Heh, I'd say it's much easier to find IP addresses of people downloading via P2P. I know of multiple programs where it takes about 2 clicks to find every IP address of every people you're connected to.
    Last edited by smaug; 08-19-08 at 08:20 PM.
    08-19-08 08:13 PM
    Not when you know what you're doing and take steps to protect yourself. Proxies, encryption.. programs like Peer Guardian. It's not that hard really.

I guess I should have clarified too... By P2P, I'm not talking about using crap programs like limewire... I'm talking about Bit Torrent. If you want suggestions, see the link in my signature.

You'd have to be a chump to download movies and files hosted on a web site that you know are illegal... That's all I'm saying. Nothing is foolproof, but a little time and effort to learn how to implement some of the 'best practices', and you're much better off.
    08-19-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD