hey guys, did a search on Google and this site but no one has asked this question.

Scenario: I have a Blackberry Curve with ALL my contacts (phone numbers/emails) stored in the phone. I have nothing in my Outlook and want to move all the contacts to Outlook for a backup just in case.

This will also allow me to move the contacts from Outlook to an iPhone if I desire later on....

How do I do this? I have been playing with Outlook trying to use the IMPORT function to no avail.

thanks
    rick
    07-31-08 11:29 AM
    Just synch the phone to your computer...
    07-31-08 11:38 AM
    I did the sync using the Blackberry function and it shows 80+ records have been done but.........

When I go into Outlook contacts, nothing has changed? what gives?

rk
    07-31-08 12:29 PM
    In desktop manager make sure u have sync settings to go both ways ( from handheld to computer and vice versa)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 12:36 PM
    Using Desktop Manager you can also export your contacts as an ASCII .csv file. This can then be opened in excel and massaged or imported into Outlook or almost any other program or system. Even tho I'm on a BES system I still keep a copy like this... just in case.
    07-31-08 12:45 PM
    Well I''m thoroughly LOST!

I did a backup of entire unit and it created two .IPD files in my directory but what am I supposed to do with it?

I went under:

Blackberry desktop manager > Backup / Resorte > Advanced

I can see my address book under "Device Databases" so I moved it over to Desktop File Databases

am I even on the right place?

rk
    07-31-08 01:04 PM
    Did you setup the Sync settings? Synchronize -> Config tab -> Config Synch Button.

Once you pick contacts and select outlook and 2 way. Go back and tell it to sync. Sounds like you did this since it told you you had 80 additions but did you specify Outlook in the config?
    07-31-08 01:09 PM
    Check and see if you have a contacts folder in your personal folders in Outlook. That is where mine are at, when I sync.
    07-31-08 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD