i ve been searching and searching and it seems like the blackberry in general is more commercialized than normal phones

or theres not many people moddign the OS.(i come from sony ericsson family)
    they are just obsessed with moddin and customizing the phone. which is great because it adds so much flexibility to the phone.

but i was no able to find much for berry. is that because RIM watches over their OS more or not many people are interested in customizing the system

like for example the biggest annoyance is a lack of ringtone volume control
    soft medium and loud does not really qualify as a volume control.

lets say i want to set my alarm and i want to pick the ringer so i browse thru my ringtones and even on the soft setting people in the next room can hear it very clear...

so umm the questions i had.

on blackberry 8320
    i installed yahoo!GO but cannot login into my yahoo account
    no data plan
    i have wireless at my house.
    the wifi icon is always grey even tho i know its connected. is that normal?
    because i thought it would change when connected.
    is there a way to install applications onto memory card instead of phone memory?
    is it possible to bring out the alarm set time on the home screen next to time

possible to show a selected note in standby(like SE phones have?)
    is there an update on MGMaps permissions?
    i have them installed but it asks me to acess files every time.
    my phone is unlocked but it is originally from tmobile
    i use it with ATT latest OS. i do not have "setup email" icon anywhere in my phone????
    Last edited by raverx3m; 01-10-09 at 02:06 AM.
    01-10-09 02:03 AM
    There are ways to install applications on a memory card, but you cannot run apps from the memory card. The memory card is used like a USB disk, not like extended memory.

The text you enter in Options / Owner will show on the home screen when the phone is locked.
    01-10-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD