Hey all. Just got a 8300 and read as many posts as I could first but I'm still a little confused. The phone is at&t and my carrirer is T-Mobile. I have access to t-zones right away with out changing to the other OS like mentioned in the sticky thread but I can't find the regular web browser. So I went ahead and installed the new OS and deleted the vendor file like in the instructions. Problem now is I have nothing on my desktop for Blackberry and nothing happens when I plug my phone in to the USB cable. This may sound dumb but I have not run the cd that came with the phone thinking I would save a step and not have to delete anything. Anyone with any suggestions?
    I'm thinking I need to run the cd but not sure. Thanks for any help.
    09-13-07 03:38 AM
    You have to load Desktop Manager (the CD in the box) on your PC, before you can install the new OS on your BlackBerry.
    09-13-07 05:53 AM
    Well stupid me loaded the disk this morning. Went back and uninstalled the OS then reinstalled it again just to be safe. Deleted the vendor file, opened the desk top manager, then plugged in the Curve--and now nothing happens! Don't know what I did but the desktop manager- or my computer for that matter- doesn't do anything when I plug the Curve in. Other devices still work through the usb ports (iPod, gps, etc.). I'm not ready to throw this phone off my 6th floor balcony yet but I'm getting there! Please help!!!
    09-14-07 04:12 AM
    Ok Restarted computer and the Curve is now connected to the desktop manager but nothing came up about a new OS. How do I know if it is installed? The vendor file was there. No errors or anything like that came up when it was installing. Don't know what to do next. Any suggestions from the BlackBerry wizards?
    09-14-07 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD