Is there anyway to get more than 160 symbols to type per text message?? I'm so used to my other phones from Verizon that I could like type a book on. Now I find myself having to continue with multiple messages because I can only use 160 per message. Anyway to change this?? Thanks in advance!!
    12-14-08 07:42 PM
    Not for a SMS. You'd have to use MMS. I've contacted Verizon and this is what they said to me:

We do apologize; the Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Curve does not support the Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS). We understand it can be frustrating to be unable to use the Enhanced Messaging Service that you were used to when using the enV. Verizon Wireless is always looking for ways to enhance feature to better meet the needs of our customers. Your comments have been forwarded to our Marketing department for review and consideration. Your feedback provides us with the perfect opportunity to hear exactly what you think, and often leads to improvements you will see in the future. Verizon Wireless apologizes for any inconvenience incurred as a result of our product's current functionality.
    Note: EMS = 160+ characters in a "SMS"

Maybe if enough people say something to them they'll give it to us!
    Last edited by steven s.; 12-14-08 at 08:10 PM.
    12-14-08 07:49 PM
    No way to change it. You can send it as an MMS message with no picture attached.
    12-14-08 07:49 PM
    mms is limited to 1000 characters. If the other person does not have MMS or data costs covered it may cost them mopney to get your message. BBM is unlimited
    12-14-08 07:55 PM
    SMS has a 160 international standerd, if you have intergrated EMail your better off just sending an email

thats what i do half the time
    12-14-08 08:24 PM
    IMO anything over 160 should be an email.........

I am really annoyed when people send me book as text msg's
    12-14-08 08:37 PM
    IMO anything over 160 should be an email........
    I really don't understand why people say this. There are plenty of times when I need to text someone something that is a little longer, and they have no access to email at that point of time.
    12-14-08 09:08 PM
    I say it because that is how I see it......

It's just annoying. Plus most of the time I ignore it, then they just call me. If it's that important...
    12-14-08 09:38 PM
    I agree with yester

SMS= SHORT message service
    12-14-08 09:43 PM
    I have T-Mobile and if u go over the 160 limit it goes into 2 messages, but sometimes when my friend texts me from Verizon I don't get her whole message, even though she sends the whole thing which I hate! the same thing happens to her sometimes with some of my texts, but I can go over so I ignore the 160 thing, I asked T-Mobile and asked about this and they said they were aware of the problem it's on Verizon's end, but who knows.
    12-15-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD