Hi all,

Quick question for you, and it may have already been figured out...if so i apologize. Can i use my Blackberry Curve 8310 to work as a modem? Not a dial-up modem per sei...but plug it in and just be able to surf the internet using the Blackberry's internet?

Thanks,
    Isaiah
    01-06-09 12:09 PM
    Hi all,

Quick question for you, and it may have already been figured out...if so i apologize. Can i use my Blackberry Curve 8310 to work as a modem? Not a dial-up modem per sei...but plug it in and just be able to surf the internet using the Blackberry's internet?

Thanks,
    Isaiah
    Yes, it's called tethering. There are a few threads on this subject so, you may want to search the forums and see if there is one specifically for your BB.

Welcome to CB!
    01-06-09 12:17 PM
    no, unfortunately you can't do this, at least not with verizon, you can only use it as a dial up modem, and I think this cost extra on your plan
    01-06-09 12:19 PM
    no, unfortunately you can't do this, at least not with verizon, you can only use it as a dial up modem, and I think this cost extra on your plan
    Ahh. I didn't know that. Thanks!

BTW - CSX rules (lol)
    01-06-09 12:20 PM
    Yes, it's called tethering. There are a few threads on this subject so, you may want to search the forums and see if there is one specifically for your BB.

Welcome to CB!
    Bob.. you might wanna read the question, he wants to use the bis and just plug to his computer, not as a dial up or tethered modem., which you can not do
    01-06-09 12:21 PM
    Ahh. I didn't know that. Thanks!

BTW - CSX rules (lol)
    that's ok,
    and as far as csx vs up... they all have their faults...lol
    01-06-09 12:23 PM
    Bob.. you might wanna read the question, he wants to use the bis and just plug to his computer, not as a dial up or tethered modem., which you can not do
    Thanks - I need to lay off the Monster drinks. That's the 2nd post today I goofed-up. I don't think that can be done.
    01-06-09 12:27 PM
    Thanks guys, i had an ounce of hope. lol

Thanks for the welcome to!
    01-06-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD