Argh I am so frustrated. I've been working on this two days now.

Mobipocket - downloaded on BB, would sit on "Please wait ..." screen forever. Never opens. Error when exiting. Uninstalled. Reinstalled via desktop. Reboots, batt pulls, etc. Still same problem. Sync'ing cites errors and wants me to install .alx directly but Desktop Manager doesn't find anything to change even when pointed to it. The desktop app saved RSS feeds over to my media card (when I cancelled the error dialogue) but I can't open them since I can't get the software to run.

Gave up, uninstalled, and tried EReader and have working on it for three hours now - still no love.

It installed, but instead of a 'wait' screen, the splash screen appears for half a second and then disappears. I d/l'd one of their free ebooks to test it with, but can't get the software to stay open.

MORE INFO:
    File free is 43,815,823
    I've uninstalled Facebook app via DM (although the stupid service book is still there and thusly the icon - is it safe to delete the service book?)
    I've installed Mobipocket for the third time and it is still doing the same thing ("Please wait ...")
    Last edited by LimeTwyst; 05-30-09 at 08:33 AM.
    05-28-09 11:12 PM
    More info added above ... any ideas?
    05-29-09 06:33 PM
    Solved it myself.

FYI for anyone else with this problem, change the default application permissions to allow access to User Files.

Discovered thx to trying another ebook reader "Shortcover" found here on the Crackberry store that actually told me what was wrong when I tried to run it.
    05-30-09 08:32 AM
    Sorry I did not see this earlier. Glad to it is resolved and what you did, I was going recommend.
    05-30-09 08:37 AM
    Im having the same issue

I installed Mobipocket but when i launch it and try to connect to the ebookstore it starts loading ....0%

then i get an error
    "an error occurred while accessing the list of ebookstores (network timeout)"

Shortcover seems to work... but it doesnt let me download any of the books i tried sofar.... I get, not release in my country (Im in the Rep. of Ireland on O2)

default application permissions is set to allow access to User Files

EDIT: i just tried to open "the art of war" on shortcovers and it works just fine....why doesnt mobipocket work?
    Last edited by stevo105; 09-07-09 at 04:24 AM.
    09-07-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD