WE have 4 BB on AT&T's family plan (3 curves and 1 Pearl). We have the family plan texting service only. On Two of the 8310's we can send and receive MMS test messages and pictures. On the last 8310 and the pearl they don't receive anything, not even the message. I tried searching and could not find anyone with the same problem. Is there a setting on the phone that needs to be changed? I know I have a new OS on mine and I thought I updated all the others but maybe I haven't. Any ideas?

I should also note that in the MMS options reception and retrieval are set to "always".
    Last edited by fordsbyjay; 07-14-08 at 03:15 PM.
    07-14-08 02:43 PM
    Wow, I just realized that was my first post. I can usually find the answers without having to ask.
    07-14-08 02:44 PM
    Wow, I just realized that was my first post. I can usually find the answers without having to ask.
    Lol... Hello and welcome! You will love this site. You should be able to find ALL the answers to your questions right here! Enjoy!
    07-14-08 02:50 PM
    The only thing I have been able to find so far is this:

On the 8310 that can send MMS messages under Options>Advanced Options>Service Book>MMS Transport>Gateway IP there is //127.0.0.1:0;0/wap.cingular/GPAK and on the 8310 that does not work it says <no Gateway> .
    07-14-08 04:20 PM
    Here are the things I have checked or done:

waited 76 minutes on hold with AT&T with no answer
    checked to make sure I had version 4.2.2.170 on both phones
    checked to make sure that under Options>Security>Firewall that the firewall is disabled and not blocking incoming messages.

When I send a MMS text from my phone it switches from the GSM network to the edge network and the text goes. If I try to send a MMS text from the other 8310 it does not switch from the GSM network to the edge network. The text message just shows the clock next to it. From all the research I have done MMS texts can not be sent on the GSM network. The two phones are side by side so they should have access to the same networks.
    07-14-08 04:50 PM
    I swapped sim cards and my sim card works in the other 8310. I guess I will have to go wait in the store for an hour.
    07-14-08 05:20 PM
    Do all devices have data plans? If not, you need to talk to ATT and have them activate the MMS!! Without some little data addon the MMS will not work because it cannot get the service books, etc
    07-14-08 05:25 PM
    and another thing, if you do NOT have BIS on all the lines, then do you have WIX enabled on the two lines that are not working? I have four friends that have BB's and they refuse to pay for the data plan. So in order for them to send MMS, we had to install a OS from Austia on the Pearl 8100 that had all the books loaded in it, and now, she uses the pearl just like a regular phone with MMS/SMS capability. On the 8310, again, make sure that line has WIX enabled, if it does not, then enable it (call att) if they do NOT know that you are using BB's then DONT TELL THEM, because, they will try to tell you at first that you have to have the data plan in order to send/receive MMS, and that simply isn't true, provided you have the right OS for your phone. Thats just my opinion though.
    Last edited by mikeyg164; 07-14-08 at 06:42 PM. Reason: corrected some typo's
    07-14-08 05:33 PM
    Log into BIS and send service books to the devices that aren't working. If that doesn't do the trick, then I'm betting that 2 of the accounts aren't provisioned properly. Talk to AT&T. Trust me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 05:45 PM
    We only have the "FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED - Shared " plan. I thought the BES/BIS was only if you had the BB data plan which I was told runs on its own network. If I can ever get ahold of someone at AT&T it would be nice. I will have to go there tomorrow but in all honestly I would rather go buy a car than go to AT&T it sucks so bad.

When I swapped SIM cards and it worked in the other phone I figured it must have to do with the way the account/phone number is set up on AT&T's end of things.

Log into BIS and send service books to the devices that aren't working. If that doesn't do the trick, then I'm betting that 2 of the accounts aren't provisioned properly. Talk to AT&T. Trust me.
    I assume seems how I don't have BB internet I can not log into BIS is this correct?
    07-14-08 09:37 PM
    Well I finally got through to ATT and they fixed it up. The two other phones did not have have internet access.
    07-15-08 09:05 AM
    AT&T jacks up my account provisioning in the most interesting ways anytime I change or renew my plans or features. It boggles the mind. Thankfully, this is really the only time I ever have problems, and I know how to get them fixed.
    07-15-08 11:44 AM
    I assume seems how I don't have BB internet I can not log into BIS is this correct?
    That is correct.
    07-15-08 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD