my friend had a BB 8330 like me for sprint.
    when he recieved a picture mail it didnt say "you have a new picture mail" then give him a link. i showed him a thumbnail of the picture.
    It was also the same for video
    Im not sure on his OS but mine is 4.5.0.175.
    any idea on whats wrong?
    11-29-09 01:42 AM
    This doesn't make sense so I'm sure that's why you have no responses. What exactly is your question. Are trying to say he doesn't get the mms pic but you do? Or he does and you don't?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 07:27 AM
    my friend had a BB 8330 like me for sprint.
    when he recieved a picture mail it didnt say "you have a new picture mail" then give him a link. i showed him a thumbnail of the picture.
    It was also the same for video
    Im not sure on his OS but mine is 4.5.0.175.
    any idea on whats wrong?
    You have an 8330e, he has an 8330m. The e is the earlier model that didn't originally support MMS. Sprint made MMS go through their Picture Mail system, and that's why you can receive any MMS at all.

They made hardware and software changes to the newer Curves, the m models, and now they support true MMS.

So while you have the same model numbers, your 2 Curves use different software, though the OS numbers may be the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 08:35 AM
    ok so since he replaced his phone 3 months ago and ive had mine for a year that would describe why his MMS and videos are showing up in a message with out having to go to the internet?

If i went to trade in my phone because i was having "problems" with it would i be able to ask for a 8330m?
    11-30-09 11:55 AM
    Probably but you need to be under a year for warranty or insurance claim. I just had mine changed and got a "m" model but would prefer the 8330 e because I like the 5.0 os. Some family members just bought new 8330's from Sprint and they were not the "M" type. Go figure.. BTW two for $49.99 with upgraded plans.
    11-30-09 01:55 PM
    so i can download os 5.0 for sprint and it just isnt for verizon?
    11-30-09 02:16 PM
    5.0 hybrid not official release sorry. For more 5.0 info see link in my sig… and the hybrid works very well with Sprint 8330.
    11-30-09 02:20 PM
    alright thanks and ill try out the 5.0 hybrid when i get home
    11-30-09 02:23 PM
    I guess I have the same problem I got a replacement 8330m on Dec8,2009 and everytime I recieve a pic it comes in a web link any suggestions? Id rather not go to the mobile web to view the pics.
    12-11-09 06:46 PM
    I guess I have the same problem I got a replacement 8330m on Dec8,2009 and everytime I recieve a pic it comes in a web link any suggestions? Id rather not go to the mobile web to view the pics.
    It's not likely you got an 8330m. The m's have the ability to imbed the MMS documents.

Press your left alt key and left shift key together and then press h.

This will bring up some information.
    If you have an ESN, it's a model E (original)
    If you have an MSEID, then it's an 8330m.
    12-11-09 06:50 PM
    It's not likely you got an 8330m. The m's have the ability to imbed the MMS documents.

Press your left alt key and left shift key together and then press h.

This will bring up some information.
    If you have an ESN, it's a model E (original)
    If you have an MSEID, then it's an 8330m.
    I guess I was screwed by sprint my wife and I bought two 8330m and my speaker had an issue so they replaced the phone. The replacement was an e model from what I get from your post ehhhh.
    12-12-09 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD