Hi All-

I recently my curve to os 4.5.0.81. Not sure if this is related to that os upgrade or not.. Here is the problem:

I am sending mms messages with pics attached. I can send some just fine, then usually after sending a few it will stop working. I will get the pending clock, but you can not see the little data transferring arrows in the top right. Like it doesnt even try to send it.. It will just sit in this pending state forever. Once this happens I cant send any mms, even with nothing attached. I can still send emails and sms txts, just no mms...The only way to get it to work again is by deleting the mms, and restarting (alt right shift del).

Then I can send some just fine, and then later it will do the same thing until I restart again.. Frustrating...

It is not a free memory issue. I have plenty when it does it (over 20 MB). It is not related to my data plan. I have unlimited. I have resent service books, and had at&t do the same. Besides it that was the problem it wouldnt work to begin with. It is not a reception issue as the reception is fine when it happens. It is not the picture I am sending, as once it hangs like this I can delete the pending and try again and attach nothing, just send txt and it still wont go out until I reboot... Also I can resend the same picture to the same person from the same location after I reboot and it sends just fine..

Anyone else seeing this? I am thinking about downgrading my phone and seeing if it happens with the 4.2 os too. Any ideas on what this could be??
    Last edited by sfrazee; 10-14-08 at 01:26 PM.
    10-14-08 12:47 PM
    I guess no one else is seeing this? I upgraded to the 4.5.0.93 os, and they seem all send out now. I did notice a couple sent but were not recieved though (sent to myself). Maybe mms is just inherently a little flaky...
    10-15-08 11:03 AM
    I'm having a similar problem. I can send mms w/ pix attched all day with no issue. What I can't do is receive them. I called at&t to insure I have the plan with pic messaging, I deleted and resent service books, powered the phone off, restarted, pulled the battery, etc. I tried every fix I know and I still can't receive a pic. The wierd thing is when I send a mms to myself from another phone my BB will go from an idle state to all the sudden the data arrows are flashing like its about to receive but it nevere comes through. I checked my firewall and its disabled with no blocked mms. I'm at a loss here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 12:20 PM
    I get the exact same problem but I think it happens only when I'm receiving an SMS or MMS at the same time that I'm sending one out. Then from that point on, it stays either pending or just doesnt work at all until I do a battery pull
    10-21-08 01:08 PM
    Ok im very frustrated. None of my MMS messages go through. When i try sending them, all i get is the pending clock next to the mms. I tried the reboot (alt del shift) and the battery pull, but nothing helps. Ive send MMS messages before no problem. This just started happening recently. Any ideas on how to fix this problem guys?
    11-08-08 10:25 AM
    OK I'm running 4.5.0.77 and i will tell you I am new to Blackberry and am not that proficient in its use. I had this same problem happen to me the other night where i could not send or Recieve any MMS. I called Verizon and they had me battery reset and that worked for a few minutes then right back to not being able to. So I hunted forums everywhere and found something that appeared to work well has been ever since.
    went to options/advanced options/Host routing table/menu key/register now

....I did this just to the top one and my mms has been working ever since. it did take a few minutes to start working and the first couple seemed like they took forever but has been flawless since.......hopefully will continue to do so.

I would preform this then wait about 10 minutes and see if it works for you.

Wish i could take credit for this but some one else posted it somewhere
    11-08-08 11:07 AM
    Good advice MDM, everyone should save the register and send service books info for future reference. These steps don't work every time, but they do help about 70% of the time to solve email and texting problems. One other thing, one can try a hard reset before pulling your battery. It works well and you don't have to open your device up. I'm not against a battery pull, just giving another option .

Reset Curve: press alt>right shift>delete keys at the same time.

Hard Reset: press the alt>right shift>delete keys again after the BlackBerry's screen lights up after the first reset.

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 12:10 PM
    I too had problems with my ATT Blackberry MMS messaging after upgrading to Rogers OS 4.5 release. I have since fixed this problem by downgrading to OS 4.5.0.55 released by Centennial Wireless since I figured it would be more appropriate for me to be running an OS released by a US carrier instead of a canadian carrier. I was able to send MMS messages, but never receive them. I now have full MMS capabilities back.
    11-12-08 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD