I am on a Curve through T-Mobile. When I originally purchased the Curve, I didn't have the data plan, and was using it solely for texting/calling. At that time, whenever I received a picture from someone via MMS, it would come in like a text message from that person and the picture would be right there. I would know who sent it, and it would come directly from them, so that I could reply.

I have recently purchased a Blackberry data plan. Now, whenever someone sends me a picture message via MMS, I receive an SMS message directly from T-Mobile (not from the person who sent the message) that says "Free T-Mobile Msg: You have received a picture message. You can view this message by logging on to my.t-mobile.com and navigating to MobileLife/Album." I HATE THIS.

First of all, it's a lot of extra steps/work. Secondly, when I go there, I just see the picture. It doesn't say who it is from or anything. So, I have to guess as to who sent it to me. Very annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix this, so that MMS picture messages come directly in like an SMS, rather than going to my T-Mobile Album on their site? (BTW - I never set that up on their website or anything - the ONLY thing that is different is that I know subscribe to a data plan, whereas previously, I did not.)

Any ideas? Suggestions?
    08-20-08 10:56 PM
    My wife and dad had similar things with MMS on their Orange phones. In both cases a call to Orange customer services solved the problem - they just sent a sim update by text which set the MMS up properly.
    08-21-08 04:23 AM
    There's your answer. You're set

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD