Can the Curve 8310 send and recieve MMS picture messages? I heard that you need a data plan to send picture messages, which I'm not getting. I have unlimited MMS in my text bundle.
    08-12-08 12:44 AM
    Yes, the 8310 can send MMS, and yes, you need data to do it.
    08-12-08 12:46 AM
    BlackBerrys need a data plan for MMS, because they go through RIM's network.

SMS messages go through your carriers network.
    08-12-08 12:49 AM
    But why would you need data? I send MMS messages on my phone all the time and there's no data charge on my bill.
    08-12-08 12:50 AM
    Forget that.. looks like I'm shoppin for a new phone.
    08-12-08 12:50 AM
    Well, Blackberries aren't for everyone.
    08-12-08 12:52 AM
    do you know how much data it uses? like is it any significant ammount to send like 2 or 3 pictures
    08-12-08 12:55 AM
    Well, that would really depend on the size and composition of the pictures. I've never paid much attention to it because I pay the $30 unlimited data plan.
    08-12-08 12:58 AM
    On the subject of MMS..... while receiving MMS have you ever come across an error message while trying to retrieve it. Something like "cannot retrieve content. Try again later". I get that almost everytime its pretty annoying so I leave it alone and forget about it then when I remember like a day later the pic is suddenly there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 01:06 AM
    my BB from AT&T has 2 built in Birthday Greetings w/music and moving message. Where can I get other stuff like that to use?
    08-13-08 12:06 PM
    Downloads™

WapKing :: Free Download Center

Both those websites have animated messages. I use them often when sending out lil birthday, holiday, or just random messages.

08-13-08 12:58 PM
    On the subject of MMS..... while receiving MMS have you ever come across an error message while trying to retrieve it. Something like "cannot retrieve content. Try again later". I get that almost everytime its pretty annoying so I leave it alone and forget about it then when I remember like a day later the pic is suddenly there.

Are you in your home network area and not roaming when you attempt to download them? Sometimes when you are roaming it won't work right away or at all.
    Other wise, if you open the message and it says cannot receive content, hit menu and then retrieve now and it should work

08-13-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD