I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 on Telus mobility. Telus does not support MMS messages on their phones. Is there software that I can get for my phone to enable the MMS features to receive pictures through text and not be limited to a certain amount of characters per text message?
    07-10-09 09:43 PM
    how about receiving them through email as attachments and saving them to your sd card in your bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 09:44 PM
    yeah thats what I currently do, but I would like to be able to send and receive pics through text. Also its a pain to have to start a new text message every time I run out of characters, whereas other phones allow you to keep typing and the phone automatically starts a new message.
    07-10-09 09:50 PM
    the 160 character limitation has to do with CDMA technology - GSM BlackBerry devices do not suffer from that limitation. There is an application called "Beyond 160" that will allow you to type SMS messages much longer than 160 characters and it will break them into "parts" and send them to your recipient in the correct order.

As for your carrier not supporting MMS. That is so lame, I don't even know where to begin. :-(

ALB
    07-10-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD