When I first purchased the Curve, I did not immediately get the data package, but I had no problem using my picture messaging. I just got rid of my data plan last month and ever since I have not been able to use MMS...when i send something it stays in pending mode (clock next to message.) I also noticed that instead of "edge" in the upper right corner of where the signal status is, it says "GPS."

So I went to the AT&T store and the rep told me that I MUST have the BB data plan AND the text messaging package. This can't be true, could it?

If this is true, is everyone paying the 40 bucks? I dont need the data package now and 40 bucks is steep.
    09-24-07 08:10 PM
    Sad to say but on AT&T, that is the case, no data plan, no MMS..the only thing that can be used is voice and text...the MMS service books get pushed with the data plan...the lowest data plan on at&t is $29.99 but you seem like you know that already...and oh ya the having the text package was BS, it's not required..you can have a PPU (pay per use) text
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-24-07 at 08:44 PM.
    09-24-07 08:41 PM
    Sad to say but on AT&T, that is the case, no data plan, no MMS..the only thing that can be used is voice and text...the MMS service books get pushed with the data plan.
    wow that's horrible. So am i forced to to spend the 40 dollars just for MMS? Does AT&T have a cheaper plan? Is there anyway I can just get the 20 dollar data plan offered to smart phones?
    09-24-07 08:45 PM
    Sad to say but on AT&T, that is the case, no data plan, no MMS..the only thing that can be used is voice and text...the MMS service books get pushed with the data plan...the lowest data plan on at&t is $29.99 but you seem like you know that already...and oh ya the having the text package was BS, it's not required..you can have a PPU (pay per use) text
    so if I get the data plan...do i have to get the text messaging package for unlimited? so ill end up paying 40 bucks a month just for data?
    09-24-07 08:46 PM
    You can get it, but really it wont work, the service book will never show up with a PDA data plan to enable the MMS....the $29.99 BIS plan will give you unlimited data, MMS (pay per use), and a PPU (pay per use) text, their is NO requirement to sign up for a text messaging package...make SURE that the CDS (consumer data support) rep adds the PPU text if you do not want a package otherwise text will not work.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-24-07 at 08:51 PM.
    09-24-07 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD