does anyone else have problems "losing" themes after they finish downloading?? i am new to the blackberry thing so i may be doing something wrong... but when i download themes and it says finished they are not in my themes section on the phone. one of them downloaded to the applications folder but i cannot set it as a theme. sorry if this made no sense at all but hopefully someone will understand!
    01-06-09 09:58 AM
    You downloaded the wrong OS theme for your phone. You gotta make sure to match your OS'! If it was the same OS, just restart your phone and it'll show up in your themes section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 10:13 AM
    That can occur when you install themes even if they are for the proper version of your phone. I have not seen it on mine on 4.5 yet but on 4.2 it did happen on occasion. When you see that you can reboot the phone or do a battery pull and when it starts up again it will be in the theme list.
    01-06-09 10:16 AM
    i pulled the battery and its still not in the themes folder. it said it was compatible with my os??
    01-06-09 10:24 AM
    h ttp://n erdyconnie.blogspo t.com/2008/06/ free-u-style-theme-for-blackberr y.html

is that theme not for the curve, even though it says it is?? it's .jad (the ota link). it downloads into my applications folder. i found it under advanced options and then applications.
    01-06-09 10:44 AM
    The best way i have found to put an ota theme on my phone is when find the theme and it say ota, right click on where it says ota, then hit properties, when the box pops up and shoes the .jad file, copy that to a e-mail and send it to yourself, only if you have your e-mail address configured to go to your phone, your computer won't recognize your blackberry address.. then open your email on your phone, open the email highlight the link and hit you bb button and clik on get link, should take you right to download screen. I hope this help.
    01-06-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD