Hi all!

I just finished installing the latest software for my bb 8310 and I don't know if I did something wrong or what but I am missing some icons like memos, tasks and most importantly the blackberry messenger!!! Where did they go? How can I enable them again?

One more thing... Why did I loose everything after the update? It was as if it had been factory reset.

All help is very much appreciated!

Alex

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 03:02 AM
    did you do a backup before you upgraded?
    as for the icons, resend your service books.
    04-04-09 03:05 AM
    actually, connect your berry to your desktop manager, go into add/remove apps and see if those apps are checked off first, that may be the peoblem
    04-04-09 03:10 AM
    You'll need the OS on your BB installed to follow kk's instructions. If you did the upgrade on line you'll have to find the OS first.
    04-04-09 09:08 AM
    I'm sorry I'm a little lost... What os do ineef to find? I did upgrade from the site and thought it was a good idea.

What do you mean by resend service books? How do I do that and where are they?

I just noticed today I'm missing maps aswell! What did I do that was so wrong?! I feel as if I'm being punished for upgrading! Hahahaha

Thanks

Alex

04-05-09 12:35 AM
    actually, connect your berry to your desktop manager, go into add/remove apps and see if those apps are checked off first, that may be the peoblem
    If you follow these directions then you should be able to restore them...
    04-05-09 12:43 AM
    Ok. I connected the device to the desktop manager and when chencking the programs all I get is a few programs like gmail, windows Messenger, themes etc... I don't see anything about bb messenger, tasks, memos, or any map software (I have gps but can't use it now). I tried installing bb messenger from www.blackberry.com/messenger and I get an error message saying its not supported even though my os version is 4.5

Any ideas? Thanks for the help so far!

Alex

04-05-09 09:53 AM
    Did you resend your Service Books? That will bring those things back.
    04-05-09 10:44 AM
    I don't know what service books are. I have only had this bb for 3 days. I will try to research about this, but if you can explain how to "resend" them that would be great!

Hopefully this solves it.

Alex

04-05-09 10:57 AM
    Log into your BIS site. There should be an icon for E-Mail Settings. It looks like an envelope with a gear and red arrow on it. Log-in and when there, you should go into e-mail and then select service books and select send service books.

If all of this is unfamiliar to you, you can call you carrier and ask them to re-send the service books for you.

Good Luck!
    04-05-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD