Hey all, I'm new to this whole BB thing... I'm going nuts!

I'm trying to DL ring tones, etc, but I'm missing the option "Download Ring Tone" under the options / home-key menu - I have the "Receive using Blue tooth", but the option to DL ring tones is not there...

I followed all the instructions: Media, Ringtone, All Ringtone, Home-key & select option "Download Ringtone" - when I get to that part, I give up! There's no option!

Am I doing something wrong???

Any help would be great! Thanks!
    10-05-08 05:58 AM
    That's the way it works with Verizon Wireless. You either need use the Desktop Manager to move a ringtone to your Curve (better to move to a media card, instead of device) or you can e-mail a ringtone from a site, e.g., Crackberry, to your phone. I have done both of these on my Verizon Wireless Curve and 8830 WE. You can download ringtones from Crackberry, as well.
    10-05-08 06:38 AM
    Welcome both, to Crackberry.

The best way to download ringtones is to buy yourself a Media Card. This is a microSDHC card of up to 8Gb on the 8330. See the thread in my signature and the end of this post.

Once installed - see the 101 series lecture, again in my sigature for a guide to installing this - your phone will now be viewed as a USB drive on your PC. You need to set up the Media Card as below.

With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

The other way to download ringtones is by what is known as OTA. This means Over The Air. To do this you navigate to the desired website/page with the Browser and select the OTA link and the ringtone will be sent to your phone. This is easy but you have no backup should you lose the ringtone.
    Last edited by Pete6; 10-05-08 at 09:29 AM.
    10-05-08 09:24 AM
    Thanks Pete6. This Crackberry site has been invaluable for me. I am amazed as to how much I have learned about my BB from this site and how make the best use of it.

Keep on Crackin'.
    10-05-08 10:30 AM
    Thank you so much! It seams dopey and easy, but for a first time BB, I'm slowly being driven insane by minor things!
    10-05-08 12:04 PM
    Thank you so much! It seams dopey and easy, but for a first time BB, I'm slowly being driven insane by minor things!
    Have a look at the 101 Lecture series (link in my signature). Search the forums - I would almost guarantee that any problem you have has happened to someone else. If the search does not help then just post a question. You will always get help here even if you don't want it.
    10-05-08 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD