For the past few weeks my sprint 8330 has been randomly and consistently losing SMS, MMS, and Facebook App Messgaes. At first it was sporadic, now it seems as if its not keeping messages older than 2 days. Yesterday while going through my SMS inbox I had all (or at least I think all) of my messages from November 2nd, now they are gone as if I deleted all prior. Also, today when I checked my facebook app ALL of the messages/notifications were GONE.

Another CB user before said it sounded like I had a bad memory leak and should delete un-used apps, themes, videos, etc. So I did that and it seemed okay at first, my phone is movng faster, but I'm still losing messages. And YES, I do have the settings set to keep them forever! Any help, advice, or suggestions because I'm ready to throw this phone into the street.

Thnx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 12:42 PM
    Go into options>status and see what your file free is. If its under 20,000,000 thats not great, if its under 10,000,000 thats TERRIBLE and you did to do a battery pull pronto. If your over that 20MB you should be fine, but i would do a battery pull and see how high the number is right after it reboots.
    11-04-09 02:45 PM
    Its at 27,944,450. I've done battery pulls, I've done alt+shift+delete, I've deleted apps and pictures and videos, I've cleared the browser caches... Nothing has helped.

11-04-09 04:08 PM
    Anymore suggestions? Is my phone just a lost cause?

11-04-09 04:14 PM
    Hm. I know u said you already did, but double check that your settings aren't set to delete it soon.
    Do u have a media card? A corrupted file on it can cause memory leaks.. I don't think it would delete messages, but you might as well try this. Just take out the media card for a couple days and see if the problem still occurs. Hopefully it won't, then you can save anything on the card u want to your computer, format the card and move the stuff back...

11-04-09 04:19 PM
    Well someone else told me to do the same thing in the forum about a week ago. My phone had been freezing w/ the hourglass a lot and they said to format it, then put the files back on the Memory Card. I did, and nothing changed.

11-04-09 06:35 PM
    Also, I've checked and double checked the settings. Its set to keep messages forever.

11-04-09 06:36 PM
    27MB is over 2X the safe minimum, so low memory should not be the cause of your problems. However, that fits your symptoms. So you have to consider the possibility that you have a misbehaving app that is momentarily driving your memory low enough that the OS goes into memory triage and starts dumping SMS, call logs, and calendar entries. If the phone then reboots, your memory comes back and appears to be sufficient again, until you run the rogue app. Have you installed any new apps? Or themes? Can you correlate the appearance of the problem with any change to your system? If so, try deleting that app or theme and see what happens.

11-04-09 06:45 PM
    Jeff beat me to it. Throw up a list of apps you have. If its not one of those then I'm at the max of my knowledge base for this... Sorry :/

11-04-09 06:49 PM
    I have had vibandring, Beejive, I Heart Radio, and Pandora like forever. I haven't installed any new themes in a long time and just deleted a few.

The most recent things I have installed are:

Tetherberry (Just Deleted)
    PDANet (Just Deleted)
    Facebook App Upgrade
    Shazam (Just Deleted)
    UberTwitter ...I think the free Beta
    Upgraded Sprint Navigation
    Re-installed and Deleted PocketExpress

Thats all I remember right now. Thats all I remember for right now. All of these have been installed within at least the past month... and I'm not sure how long my phone has been deleting messages bcuz I had quite a few... now I have barely any at all.

I also have the installer files for tetherberry and PDAnet saved on my memory card just in case I go onto a computer that doesn't have it installed already.
    11-05-09 04:30 AM
    No more suggestions? Plz... any help is welcomed and appreciated!
    11-05-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD