I have searched in the 8310 user guide for setting missed calls notification, but it is not there. Anyone can help me how to set missed calls notification is greatly appreciated.
    New member of BB
    11-06-07 08:37 PM
    I've been searching for this same thing re: the 8100. Unfortunately, I haven't found any answers.
    11-06-07 09:30 PM
    I spoke to AT&T tech about this issue, they said there is no missed call alert feature for BB devices. I do not believe and sent a note to BB tech center, they have not response YET. I still do not believe BB high tech smart phone without this popular feature which most end users like. I will post when BB tech response.
    11-06-07 10:10 PM
    i can be wrong on this, but i believe this is carrier dependent. all my at&t phones don't have it while all the verizon phones in my house have it, even on the razrs.

i believe i read somewhere that it's carrier dependent. look around and try to survey which phones have them.

like i said, i could be wrong, but this is my take on it...maybe someone has a clever work-around
    11-06-07 11:38 PM
    There is no missed calls notification, per se'. You'll get the message on your display, where you have an option of 'view' or 'close', but that's it. Unless of course you get a third party application...
    11-07-07 04:19 AM
    Missed call alert is device feature not carrier, I have Moto razr does alert me when I have missed call. I think Navwilliams corrects. Thanks
    11-07-07 09:40 AM
    when i get a call i see the missed call notification and when i check to see who called my curve doesnt show the time the call came in,all it shows in the number...whats up with that??????
    11-07-07 06:17 PM
    I meant "audible alert" when you have missed call
    11-07-07 07:16 PM
    Yes an audible (and vibrate) alert for
    missed calls would be really nice. As mentioned, it should be device dependent and most of the newer Motorola's I had in the past had this feature.

I did some quick sleuthing for any third party apps and saw a few on softpedia's site. I'd post the links but you need at least 10 posts before you can post URL's. Does anyone know of a free app that can do the same thing by any chance?
    11-10-07 04:51 PM
    I dont know of any free apps but Handango has an app called Blackberry alerts which I purchased for exactly that reason. It allows for other alerts as well. There is a trial period before you purchase so check it out. Hope this helps.
    11-10-07 09:07 PM
    weird...all the at&t phones i've had never had an audible alert. i had the razr and the samsung blackjack.
    11-15-07 01:24 PM
    Thanks epiguards for the recommendation. I purchased Blackberry Alerts and so far so good

That's funny, on my Samsung Blackjack there was no reminders for anything so I had to get an app called Don'tforget.

Thanks for the help
    11-17-07 11:29 AM
    Is there a way to make the missed call view/close NOT appear on the tour?
    08-06-09 09:54 PM
    I purchased BlackBerry Alerts and I am not so happy with it. There must be something else out there? BB Alerts doesn't notifiy of a voicemail message. Also something is causing my phone to intermittently not ring when a SMS MMS or phone message comes in (until I pull the battery and then it works for a while) it is either BB Alerts or AutoStandby that is causing this I haven't narrowed it down, yet. I just uninstalled both for now. Has anyone found another missed call alert program?
    10-29-09 08:16 AM
    BeBuzz free has alerts but I have been using Missed call Alert that beeps every 30s, 1min, etc. for a missed call. check it out.
    10-29-09 08:22 AM
    11-24-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD