If you read the other thread I started, http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cur...ing-what-2717/, you'll see that my BlackBerry Curve battery has given me some trouble.

Here's the update: I didn't replace my battery, didn't make any changes to my settings (display brightness, time before the screen shuts off), didn't make any changes to my use patterns (didn't start using the standby button, or talking less on the phone), and after about 7 days of the battery not even lasting until 2pm my battery is now strong again and running great.

So I'm not sure what gives, but I'm happy regardless! I checked all my applications, and nothing was running in the background from what I could tell that would effect life. My memory free now is the same as it was when the battery life was poor...nothing changed, but the battery is back!

Maybe humidity?? Who knows...but at least I'm holding off on buying a new battery for now.
    08-01-07 01:04 PM
    Do you use programs like Viigo? If yes, and you've started to close it correctly, i.e. menu / close (and then it does the 'saving thing') then, that's partly the answer...
    08-01-07 02:10 PM
    Is it normal for batteries to require a burn-in period anymore? NiCads used to, but I don't think lithiums do. Anyhoo, congrats!
    Last edited by rrrebo; 08-01-07 at 02:37 PM.
    08-01-07 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD