Okay, I send like 800 texts a month. I know that's not a lot for some of you (like my brother who sends like 2500 a month) but it's a lot for me.

I was just scrolling through my SMS inbox. Does the phone save every single message? I have outgoing and ingoing displayed...and I've only had the phone for about a month.

Does the phone automatically delete messages after a certain amount of time? I feel like I saw a setting for this once but I can't remember...

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is common sense and I'm just thick.
    07-31-09 01:49 AM
    Go to Messages, Optionsn and then General Options. It'll give you the ability to hide Sent Messages/Emails.

I believe it saves 30 days worth of messages as a default. But you can change it there as well..

800?? Pff, that's nothing.. Neither is 2500. I've seen accounts w/ over 40000 in a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:54 AM
    Yep, it should save all your messages depending on what your settings are.
    Click on messages icon>menu>options>general options>keep messages>30/60/90/forever

You can decide when you want your bb to clear all your messages!! And all the other options are there too.
    07-31-09 01:55 AM
    Go to Messages, Optionsn and then General Options. It'll give you the ability to hide Sent Messages/Emails.

I believe it saves 30 days worth of messages as a default. But you can change it there as well..

800?? Pff, that's nothing.. Neither is 2500. I've seen accounts w/ over 40000 in a month.

I didn't even know how my brother could get past 2000 a month! 40000? That kinda scares me haha
    07-31-09 01:56 AM
    And thanks, both of you! I'm gonna go fiddle with the settings now...always learning something new about this thing. It's fabulous.
    07-31-09 01:57 AM

thanks and whoa 4000 thats crazy !
    07-31-09 01:58 AM
    Okay, apparently I had it set to keep for 15 days. So I had been to that menu before, I'm just extremely forgetful. My bad! Thanks again for the assistance!
    07-31-09 02:02 AM
    Yep, 42656 total messages one month for this one teenage girl.. I almost fell out of my chair laughing..

07-31-09 02:02 AM
    Yep, 42656 total messages one month for this one teenage girl.. I almost fell out of my chair laughing..

Dam, you count all those 1 by 1? lol
    07-31-09 02:04 AM
    42,656?! Oh my gosh. Of course it would be a teenage girl. I'm not that much older than my brother and he was like "You don't send that many because you're old." I was like oh, great, now I'm OLD.
    07-31-09 02:06 AM
    You dont look old at all by your picture!! Im 19 and ive never been anywhere close to 40,000 messages in a month. I wonder what that bill would be if she didnt have an unlimited message plan.
    07-31-09 02:11 AM
    You dont look old at all by your picture!! Im 19 and ive never been anywhere close to 40,000 messages in a month. I wonder what that bill would be if she didnt have an unlimited message plan.
    lol I'm 21, he's 17. He and his friends think anyone over the age of 18 is "old"

and SERIOUSLY, my father would have killed me if I'd gone over our plan! We only got unlimited texting maybe two years ago. High school was rough for me haha
    07-31-09 02:16 AM
    Life is way more fun when your outta high school. He has no idea lol. I got unlimited txting about 7-8 months ago. Helll, I didnt get my first cell phone till I was in 10th grade. Now you see 6-7 year olds with cell phones. Its crazy...kids are spoiled these days.
    07-31-09 02:20 AM
    Seriously, I didn't get one until high school either! My sister is almost 13 and she got a phone for her 12th birthday after asking for one for like 2 years. I teach elementary school sometimes and I can't even tell you how many little kids with phones I've seen - as young as like 8 or 9 years old! Kids wanna grow up too fast
    07-31-09 02:22 AM
    It doesnt help that their parents just give them what they want all the time. Technology has advanced so fast. Were pretty much playing with mini computers now (blackberries) and there as cheap as 50 bucks....Crazy what you can do just on a phone. I remember back in HS when flip phones used to be the $hit and if you had a camera flip phone, you were rich hahah!
    07-31-09 02:26 AM
    hey now im 26 and i send about 10,000 a month. and yes kids r very spoiled my son will be 4 in nov and is asking for a cell phone haha yea right little buddy lol
    07-31-09 08:38 AM
    For Real! 40,000 is ridiculous. I send like 3,000 and I said it proud to everyone I know but seeing this I'm not even a speck on the map. Kids are really spoiled these days and think that the age of 5 is the right age to get a cell phone. WHO DO THEY KNOW? They only know their parents and they want a cell phone. I admit that i got mines in 7th grade but it was one of those "you can keep your sister's phone or I'm closing the account" deals and I figured "hey why not". I didn't really get much use out of it until 9th grade. You guys remember when the RAZR came out? If you had one of those back in the days you were King Ding-A-Ling and now if you have it you are considered a Barney Rubble. Technology has advanced so much it's scary but exciting for us.
    07-31-09 09:04 AM
    Life is way more fun when your outta high school. He has no idea lol. I got unlimited txting about 7-8 months ago. Helll, I didnt get my first cell phone till I was in 10th grade. Now you see 6-7 year olds with cell phones. Its crazy...kids are spoiled these days.
    Kids, I didn't get my first cell phone until I was in my 30's! I'm 42 and JUST got my first texting plan...couldn't even text before. OMG! LOL
    08-11-09 02:01 PM
    You guys remember when the RAZR came out? If you had one of those back in the days you were King Ding-A-Ling and now if you have it you are considered a Barney Rubble. Technology has advanced so much it's scary but exciting for us.
    RAZR - bah!...I was a StarTac user...that was the shiz!!!
    08-12-09 11:22 AM

That's 1 text a minute that's insane

08-12-09 11:29 AM
    RAZR - bah!...I was a StarTac user...that was the shiz!!!
    LOL, so was I.

We didn't have cell phones back in my day, when I walked to school up hill both ways

Nor pagers...OK, I'm dating myself now, but what kids get today. My son is 11 and wants a phone and I'm like NO WAY. you don't need one. I just barely got him an e-mail account now that he is starting 6th grade.
    08-12-09 02:50 PM
    I loved my star-tac had to shut the indicator lite or battery died to fast. That was the phone to have.

08-12-09 02:54 PM
    42,656?! Oh my gosh. Of course it would be a teenage girl. I'm not that much older than my brother and he was like "You don't send that many because you're old." I was like oh, great, now I'm OLD.
    Just go with "aged" - like a fine wine...or given the Irish in your name, like a whiskey
    08-12-09 03:02 PM
    I only send a few hundred every month. having IM+ has certainly cut down on my texting.
    08-12-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD