I get an error message saying "a media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer".
    I hadn't done anything to the card or software for about a week. everything seems to be running fine and I got this message out of the blue.

I can't get the card to work in Vista with a microSD reader but through the blackberry I can see that the card is half full, I can also see the pictures/music/voicenotes etc subfolders but it doesn't show any files in those folders.

of further mystery is that slacker updated my stations onto the card without problem and I can see those files.

anyone have any suggestions?
    my memory is at 45346103
    running 4.5.160 hybrid
    06-19-09 05:14 PM
    Do you have the files that are on the media card backed up your PC?

If so go to Options/Media Card press menu and select Format Card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 05:18 PM
    there is no update of the media, how irritating
    Last edited by v7guy; 06-19-09 at 05:43 PM.
    06-19-09 05:34 PM
    I am having that same problem! It also happened yesterday! Weird, I did not have anything backd up, did we loose everything, no fix? The problem is on my storm 9530 btw..
    06-20-09 09:28 PM
    Yeah, if you format the card you lose everything.

06-20-09 09:36 PM
    Plug your device into your computer, enable mass storage mode.

Open your "My Computer" icon, you will have an entry in there for your BlackBerry, right click that icon and go to properties, then go to Tools choose error checking, check both boxes and start checking once it's finished you will not get those error message again.
    06-20-09 10:24 PM
    These are the instructions I used to fix that same problem on my 8320. I didn't have to take the card out of my phone to do this and I haven't had the problem since 1. Plug your phone into your computer.2. Double click on My Computer on your desktop3. Right click on the MicroSD (card driver)4. Select Properties 5. Choose Tools tab.6. Click on Check Now button7. Check the box Automatically fix file system errors 8. Check also the box Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors 9. Click Start button and let it r�n 10. Done, your microsd card is safe to u

06-20-09 10:26 PM
    Had the same problem. After you repair the micro SD, you should back up all your data to a safe place, then format the micro SD from the phone.

06-20-09 10:37 PM
    only way is to format. Hopefully all the stuff is also on your comp.
    06-20-09 10:44 PM
    well, I've done it twice and I still can't see the pics. in mass media mode I still show that all the info is there on the blackberry and on the PC. I just can't access it from either.

the disk check showed no errors. After the disk check I stopped getting the error message on the phone saying the media card wasn't working. but like I said, I can't see anything on the card.

Any more advice about recovering the info?
    06-21-09 01:24 AM
    Idk if its the same problem I'm having but I get an error message saying media card can not be read.
    06-21-09 07:19 AM
    mine just says there are errors, I check it using the above methods and it says all is fine. but I still can't view any pics/music, the phone says it's ok and then the next time i reboot the phone is says the card has damaged files.

I'm really just trying to find a way to get the info off the card. I can reformat and try again after that.
    06-21-09 11:52 PM
    found a free program that just worked and it got my info!!!!!

my scan just finished and I recovered all of the info, Everything works, music is playable and the pics are viewable!

I used photorec to recover the info, it's DOS based but easy enough to use

PhotoRec - CGSecurity

directions for it's use are here...

PhotoRec Step By Step - CGSecurity

Personally I found it pretty self explanatory. have it read the BB and then go look in the dir you tell it to store the info in

hope this helps someone out.
    Last edited by v7guy; 06-28-09 at 10:59 AM. Reason: update
    06-28-09 02:32 AM
    i did what you guys told me and it saved my card, my phone recognized it right away. the only problem is that all my music is gone on the phone. when i plug my phone into the comp i see my music file as one big "thing". its not a folder. it just says music, file, and 32kb. when i try to open it present me with options so i just choose windows media player, but then windows media player says it cant play the files. what do i do? the strange thing is before i got the error that i got, the night before i couldnt play my music on the bb, when i did a battery pull, thats when the media card error came up and told me to run the check.
    08-30-09 04:04 PM
    32kb is just a few words of a song. Your data sounds like it is gone. Did you say you reformatted the card?
    08-30-09 04:10 PM
    no i didnt reformat, everything is still on my card, well pictures and videos at least. but when i got to media explore then to media card, then to the blackberry folder, i have sub folders for docs. ims. pics, ringtones. videos. voicenotes. and then a line across the screen with music underneath it. it says its 32 kb, and it cant display the file. what should i do? if it wont play should i delete the file?
    08-30-09 06:06 PM
    These are the instructions I used to fix that same problem on my 8320. I didn't have to take the card out of my phone to do this and I haven't had the problem since 1. Plug your phone into your computer.2. Double click on My Computer on your desktop3. Right click on the MicroSD (card driver)4. Select Properties 5. Choose Tools tab.6. Click on Check Now button7. Check the box Automatically fix file system errors 8. Check also the box Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors 9. Click Start button and let it r�n 10. Done, your microsd card is safe to u

Im guessing these instruction were for another version of windows. Becouse i tried followinf them but had to do somethings different on my windows xp. the end result . After completeing this part "Check the box Automatically fix file system errors 8. Check also the box Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors " . My systyem asked my to schedule a system restart before i could scan the files ,i did as it said and i still have the same error message appear.
    11-02-09 09:54 AM
    for any one using this method ,if it does not work for one reason or the other an other good bet is buying a sd card reader which can run from 16.00 to 12.00 dollars. i didn't have one so i went to best buy and asked them to give me a hand ,by letting me borrow thiers,since they a mobile phone center. Also i don't know what operating system the ,the person whom posted this particular post is using ,but i have xp and didn't quite find the options she talked about ,with her directions. You might have to do some sleuthing . One thing is for certain. The end result menu will display the two dialog boxes reading "Check the box Automatically fix file system errors 8. Check also the box Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors " from there on just check both boxes and run diagnostic .My card is ok now,i have recovered all my files and saved them to a safe place. Thank you all for your help and insight.

11-02-09 03:12 PM
    Having the same problem, memory card repairing is failing all the time but when I'm inserting the sd card in another device it works perfectly fine there, then what's the problem in my bb I'm using bb curve 9380
    Please help Asap
    03-07-14 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD