Hi all can anyone please tell me how to get old info off of stock 1GB sd card and get it onto my new 8GB micro? Thank you so much...I searched honest!
    12-29-08 04:08 PM
    Copy it to your computer. Then copy whats on your computer, to the new one.
    12-29-08 04:13 PM
    can i just do that with the desktop manager? It has the backup restore feature? Thank you for replying it is my first one......I may cry I am so happy!! LOL
    12-29-08 10:18 PM
    Not easily. Roxio Media manager is horrible to use. You are better off enabling mass storage mode for your media card, in the media card options. You can access it just like a usb drive.
    12-29-08 10:50 PM
    so I stick it in the SD slot of my computer? I don't understand the USB drive unless I insert the card into one of those flashdrives that converts an SD card into a flashdrive? oooooo can I save it to computer and then copy to flashdrive? Crap I am so confused. Thank you for the help.....Frosty!
    12-29-08 10:54 PM
    No. You put it in your phone, then connect your phone to your computer.
    12-29-08 10:59 PM
    I am sorry for being stupid but my sdmicro card came with a regular sd card sized adapter so I don't have anything USB except the sync cable which would require Roxio. What am I missing? I backed up the old 1GB micro and backed it to my computer. I put the new 8GB in the phone and???????
    12-29-08 11:05 PM
    Forget the USB mass storage mode, as it is too complicated for you.

Since you backed up your old 1 GB SD micro card to your computer, just take out the 8 GB card from your phone, stick it into your card reader on your computer and drag and drop the files that were on your 1 GB card into the proper folders on the 8 GB card.

Easy peasy.
    12-29-08 11:43 PM
    Easy Peasy Japaneeezy. I formatted the 8GB card on my computer and will put it in the phone tomorrow. I should then be able to take the 1GB stick it in the SD adapter and put it on my computer. Then I can either drag the files and pics or use them restore in DM right? This can't ne that ^&*(^&*^&(* difficult.
    12-29-08 11:53 PM
    Easy Peasy Japaneeezy.
    Careful now, wouldn't want to offend anyone of Japanese decent.

I formatted the 8GB card on my computer and will put it in the phone tomorrow. I should then be able to take the 1GB stick it in the SD adapter and put it on my computer. Then I can either drag the files and pics or use them restore in DM right? This can't ne that ^&*(^&*^&(* difficult.
    Forget about using DM. Once you have the card in the phone, the phone will create the necessary folders and file structures automatically. Take the card out of the phone, then put it in your PC then transfer the files that you have backed up from your 1 GB card already. No need to reinsert the 1 GB card.
    12-30-08 12:36 AM
    What Sunkast was getting at is if you enable mass storage mode
    you can then connect the phone to the USB cable that came
    with the phone and Windows will treat it like every other removable drive.

To accomplish this:
    Options > Media Card > and set the following
    Media Card Support = ON
    Mass Storage Mode Support = On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage... = Yes

Now whenever you connect the phone to the computer you wil
    have a drive called BLACKBERRY. You can drag and drop files to it
    saving you the trouble of switching cards and such.
    12-30-08 12:38 AM
    Got it now guys, I thought it was the USB flash just couldn't figure out what you were telling me. Got it handled and on the 4.5 OS I SWEAR that link on BB wasn't there a week ago!
    12-30-08 01:01 PM
    Piece of cake. I thought I asked if I needed a USB flash to insert the card into and I thought you said no. I can either insert the SD directly into the computer or stick it in a flash it was totally easy just didn't understand the directions. Thank you again you guys!!
    12-30-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD