I have BB 8300, I thought I could setup my Micro SD card to encrypt the files I put on it. I have gone into options/media card and setup

Media Card Support: on
    Encrypton mode: Security password and device
    Encrypt media files: on
    mass storage mode support: on
    auto enable mass storage mode when connected: yes

I have these settings on but when I shut down my BB and take out the micro sd card and put it into another computer my files are visable. Should I not be able to encrypt the files so if someone takes out the sd micro card they cant view the files.

If anyone can point me to a link to set this up properly it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roy
    03-27-08 09:50 PM
    only works in the BB not on the card itself. it is encrypted only when in the device
    03-27-08 10:58 PM
    How come when I take pictures on my bb send them to sd card then upload them to computer u can't view them if I just leave them on the bb I can upload them but on sd it shows the files but the icon looks differnt and unable to open?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 11:16 PM
    Thanks for the reply, if this is the case then what point would encrypted it be at all. This seems strange.

only works in the BB not on the card itself. it is encrypted only when in the device
    03-27-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD