What is the biggest micro card you can install in the tmo curve and what is the best software for installing movies
    Last edited by Yournext; 03-06-08 at 11:59 AM.
    03-06-08 11:53 AM
    i'm pretty sure its 4gb if im not mistaken. the new os could change that. but the roxio media manager software that comes with the device is pretty good the video quality is a little choppy but the sound is synced well. but so far i've only done about 5-6 minute clips, i've yet to put a tv episode or something. i'll let you know how roxio does when i throw an episode of entourage up tonight.
    03-06-08 12:24 PM
    You are correct Jackal. 4gb is the largest you can use in a Curve for now.
    03-06-08 01:28 PM
    Didn't I read somewhere, that although the current 4.2 only recognizes 4GB you could use an 8GB? The purpose being that if you find a good deal on an 8GB card go ahead and buy it and use it as a 4GB and when OS 4.5 comes out reformat it as an 8GB.
    03-06-08 03:04 PM
    It's a hit and miss kind of thing. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. You are better off just getting what will work.
    03-06-08 03:15 PM
    I totally forgot to mention River Past Video Converter BY FAR the best converter for ANYTHING. Converts to any format and is expandable for other applications. I've yet to install it on my new computer, which is why I forgot to mention it. You can set it for the native 320x240 rez and everything should come out perfect.
    03-06-08 08:20 PM
    Sounds like ffmpeg.
    03-06-08 08:30 PM
    I'm using an 8gb card in my 8310.

If you format the card in your PC as FAT32 and transfer over the base directories the card would have if formatted in your 8300, it will work just fine and the 8300 will see the entire 7.5ish gigs (no an 8gb card NEVER gives you 8gb of storage as some of the space is used for formatting, etc.).

Need to know how to do all this in 6 easy steps?

1. Format the card in your BB.
    2. Remove the card from your BB and mount it on your PC.
    3. Create a folder on your desktop and copy the contents of the card to this new folder.
    4. Format the card on your PC.
    4a. Place info (mp3s for example) on the card in the appropriate folder. If you've never transferred info onto your BB from your PC, take care here because, for example, a standard mp4 file may not be viewable without conversion by your BB Desktop Manager.
    5. Transfer the contents of the folder back to the card from your desktop.
    6. Put the card back into your BB.
    7. ymmv
    03-06-08 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD