I don't know if I am being scammed or not...I just got a new curve and was told that the sandisk micro sd I currently have will not work in my BB. What brands do you guys use?
    02-10-09 02:44 PM
    sandisk works fine .... most pple use sandisk ....
    02-10-09 02:48 PM
    I'm using a 1GB Sandisk and the GF is using a 1GB Kingston without issue.
    02-10-09 02:58 PM
    I have always used SanDisk and never had an issue. Home PC, Cameras, Blackberry etc

This post might have some helpful info for you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/
    02-10-09 03:02 PM
    I don't know if I am being scammed or not...I just got a new curve and was told that the sandisk micro sd I currently have will not work in my BB. What brands do you guys use?
    Sandisk is fine as is Kingston, however if they were used in a different device they may not work or may need to be formatted for the BB.

~Jazzi~

02-10-09 03:03 PM
    I have a 4gb sandisk & a 4gb kingston and I can use both in the BB no prob. The one thing that I can't do is put the sandisk card in the kingston cardreader. It won't recognize it.
    02-10-09 03:17 PM
    What size card do you have, which model BlackBerry & which OS? There are size limits based on OS & BlackBerry model.

I prefer Kingston & Crucial, primarily due to their speed, their customer service (especially Micron/Crucial) and (most importantly) their lifetime warranties.

Nothing wrong with SanDisk, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 03:56 PM
    i have a 4gb sandisk on 4.5 OS.. try to format it and use the latest OS if you want higher size limits
    02-10-09 04:09 PM
    I have an 8G Sandisk SDHC that I took out of the package, put in my berry and it works like a charm. I didn't have to format it. It has about 4G of music & pix that I access every day

02-10-09 04:35 PM
    I prefer sandisk myself....I am a photographer and always use Sandisk CF cards. Might as well stick with the same brand! Thanks all...
    02-10-09 04:52 PM
    I am a photographer and always use Sandisk CF cards.
    Wow. They still make CF cards?

02-10-09 05:06 PM
    I also have a 8GB Sandisk SDHC, when I first got my BB 8310 in feb 2008 it did not recognise the full 8GB with OS 4.2. Since I have upgraded to 4.5 it now supports the full 8GB fine.

I am not sure if its the same with all micro SD cards, but the sandisk one I have is VERY slow at transfering data, either when in my BB connected to my PC via the cable, or in a USB adapter. I think it averages at around 660KB/s.
    02-10-09 05:21 PM
    Yea, the Sandisks are pretty slow. They meet spec, but there are faster ones out there. Sadly, I didn't know this *before* I bought mine.

If it gets really annoying, I may have to get a faster one.
    02-10-09 05:25 PM
    I have a 16gb sandisk sdhc and an 8gb kingston sd, and they work fine.. If you just got your curve, you might be on a lower OS and it won't support the size of you .edia card.. What OS are you currently running. And what size is your media card.

02-10-09 05:27 PM
    Came with v4.5.0.81 and the media card I have is small but probably looking at getting a newer one with decent size and speed
    02-10-09 06:39 PM
    I checked several memory config sites & found several that simply said certain sizes are not compatible. I think this has to do with their systems either not being updated OR the company is simply choosing to recognize compatibility with all Curves.

There are still many BlackBerrys out there that haven't been updated & some memory suppliers may still be playing it safe rather than provide tech support on updating BlackBerrys.

02-10-09 06:56 PM
    Came with v4.5.0.81 and the media card I have is small but probably looking at getting a newer one with decent size and speed
    Blackberrys with 4.5.0.81 and higher are capable of reading 16gb micro sd cards. If you're describing your card as small I'm positive your card will work fine. Copy your files from the card to your computer, then format the card inside the blackberry.
    Options > media card > menu > format card.
    02-10-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD