Something weird happens when the voice dial loop occurs, the phone also shuts off the mic and speaker.
    They are independent issues (I deleted VAD several ways and still have intermittent issues with mic and speaker)
    Anyone have any ideas???

BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > BlackBerry Device Help and Discussion Forums > BlackBerry Pearl 8100
    Voice Dialing Keeps Initializing

What is wrong!!! 8330 help please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsskinns
    NEW SYMPTON**

Okay, I removed the VAD and followed the instructions as close as I could but now I can't hear anyone when they call me.

I will get an incoming call and select the answer it button and the screen will show that the call is connected, however, i can't hear a thing, not even static and the person on the other end can't hear anything either.

Its as if my speaker and my mic has been deactivated.

I'm Sorry that I'm a pain in the azz now, But hey, good news! I think I only HALF bricked my phone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same issues, removed VAD with MaxMem and no longer have the loop, I just cant use the mic and speaker intermittantly. I just downloaded current software for Verizon and am deleting the 4 files suggested in this thread so that VAD never installs with software. I'll let you all know how it goes, but it is def a software issue as it works normally when it wants and then when i get the important calls, of course, I can't hear them and they can't hear me - my audio seems to have been deactivated.
    Last edited by jfeldkamp; 06-02-10 at 02:27 PM.
    06-02-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD