I hooked up my BB to the desktop manager this morning to transfer some pics from my BB to my computer and when I went to go use my messenger an hour later I noticed all my contacts in blackberry messenger had disappeared??

What happened here?? how do i fix it?
    08-02-08 09:47 AM
    might want to try a battery reset to see if this helps
    08-02-08 09:49 AM
    Tried it... they are still missing
    08-02-08 09:53 AM
    Do you have a current backup that you can try to restore?
    08-02-08 09:54 AM
    BBM contacts disappear for a very small % of people after a battery pull or when using the switch device wizard to change devices. It will prompt you saying "do you want to notify your contacts of your new device" and if you hit no it will delete all your contacts. Both the battery pull bug and the BBM bug happen only in 4.5 and only specific versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 09:57 AM
    I don't think so..... I just don't understand why it would just disappear... Sorry I am new to BB am just starting to figure it all out
    08-02-08 09:58 AM
    BBM contacts disappear for a very small % of people after a battery pull or when using the switch device wizard to change devices. It will prompt you saying "do you want to notify your contacts of your new device" and if you hit no it will delete all your contacts. Both the battery pull bug and the BBM bug happen only in 4.5 and only specific versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    When I used switch device wizard, I never saw that notify contact question; and I've switched devices twice.
    08-02-08 10:01 AM
    When I used switch device wizard, I never saw that notify contact question; and I've switched devices twice.
    +1, I never saw such a notification.
    08-02-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD