just wondering what exactly the alert is. i cant remember it ever actually making that sound. just the new message sound. is it when you get new contacts? or voice notes? am i missing a setting?

probably a really stupid question.

and here is another one... what is the small data transfer arrow for? i know the 2 big ones are data transfer in and out, but what is the little out one for?
    04-13-09 07:30 PM
    What alert is let's say you have a contact that's unavailable. You hit menu key and select set alert. When they become available then you will get that alert sound you set in your profile. As far as the transfer arrow I have no idea. Where are you seeing this arrow?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 08:26 PM
    ahh, i see. well, none of my contacts are ever not available. we basically use it as text messaging. its not that it really mattered, i was just curious.

as far as the transfer arrows...

http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/...reenshot_4.jpg

here is a random image i found online... in the top right you can see the 2 arrows i speak of.. sometimes there is a smaller arrow pointing up and to the right... in the same position as the bigger one pointing in the same direction. just smaller.

i was thinking that it might be gps transfer(which would explain why you dont see it with your 8320's) or some sort of other random data transfer.
    04-14-09 12:24 AM
    It's your internet connection upload/download

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 12:29 AM
    It might be either gps or roaming indicator. Its there related so depending on what theme your using it will look different.
    04-14-09 06:20 AM
    [QUOTE=idiggplants;2274790]ahh, i see. well, none of my contacts are ever not available. we basically use it as text messaging. its not that it really mattered, i was just curious.

Unavailable means they have not read the message within 1 minute. Then you get a little clock next to the blue face. BBM consideres the message read if they actually move their cursor up into the message field.

I use set alert quite often. I have one contact that i BBM with several times a day while at work. Sometimes he can't read the message for what ever reason. Rather than check back every 3 seconds to see if he read the message (yeah a little obsessive, i know) I will set an alert. I then can go about my business and will be notified when he reads the message and is available again.

Yeah..call me the stalkerazzi
    04-14-09 08:11 AM
    Little bit of info about those arrows that are always busy

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/eve...s-doing-16536/
    04-14-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD