Hi all. I have an 8330 from Sprint that has stopped functioning. It is strange. The phone turns on and looks fine. The mouse will move on the screen when the trackball is rolled. However, NONE of the buttons on the phone work or do anything when pushed (i.e., nothing happens when you click the trackball or it the keyboard keys). I have already: 1) reloaded the device software; 2) replaced the trackball and keyboard (had a spare and thought "why not"); and taken it to the sprint store. Nothing has worked. I have no idea what happened. Worked great one day and then this happened.

Any suggestions?
    10-08-09 02:13 PM
    i would try a battery pull, maybe 2. if that doesnt work then just wipe with bbsak and try to reload the os
    10-08-09 02:29 PM
    did it get a little wet?
    10-08-09 02:38 PM
    What did they say at the sprint store?
    10-08-09 02:40 PM
    try resetting it
    10-08-09 02:46 PM
    read first post he did...
    10-08-09 02:48 PM
    While I'm not certain, it is possible that it did get wet. The day it stopped working properly, it was raining slightly and I had the phone in my jean pocket. But the phone seemed to be dry when I checked it. Still, it is very possible that water got to it somehow.

Sprint said they couldn't do anything. I didn't have an insurance plan on the phone, so I had to buy a new one. Got a Tour. Love it, but I would still take it back to get the $200 bucks if I could get my curve to work.

Thanks.
    10-08-09 02:55 PM
    I think I read somewhere when nothing else works a drop of a few feet to the floor jars stuff around, I do not reconnend but if it is a goner why not...
    10-08-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD