Does BB Messenger have the ability to time stamp and date sent & received messages?

If so can someone help me out? If not do any of the third party apps have the ability to do so?

Is it me or is Yahoo Messenger not useable if you are on the AT&T network?

Thanks in advance,

Virgil
    02-11-08 02:29 PM
    For BB Messenger, If you scroll up to the message you're able to see when the message was sent/received.
    02-11-08 07:53 PM
    On AT&T you can click on ur MediaNET icon. Scroll down to the Mobile IM link and click it. That will download and install the OZ messaging client to your device. When you run it, it will launch a WAY cool sign-in screen which gives you access to AIM, Windows IM, and Yahoo IM. Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 08:58 PM
    Does this use text messages or data? The reason I ask is ATT came out with IM for Treos and it used text and not data.
    02-11-08 09:21 PM
    It uses data
    02-11-08 09:23 PM
    I thought Oz used text...
    02-11-08 09:49 PM
    I'm sorry for asking but what is OZ?

Also since I've last checked this thread I've downloaded Jive Talk and Google Talk Do I need both? How do I add my existing contacts from BB Messenger

One more thing to note, I have since confirmed that Yahoo Messenger is not compatiable with AT&T/Cingular at this time

Thanks again to everyone in this community for sharing the knowledge
    02-11-08 09:57 PM
    Don't worry about Oz if you are using JiveTalk. JT is better in my opinion. You do not need google talk if you have JT. JT can handle Google Talk. You cannot copy your contacts from BBM to JT. JT is not meant to replace BBM.
    02-11-08 10:03 PM
    Sunkast,

Thanks for quick reply, I'll delete google talk and just use JT as for my contacts it sounds like I have to reinvite all my contacts?

V
    02-11-08 10:08 PM
    You shouldn't for GTalk. The contacts you have on BB messenger can only be used with BB messenger.
    02-11-08 10:36 PM
    If I want to chat with someone using JT do they have to have an account with say a Google talk, Yahoo, AIM, etc;? also if one has a hotmail account can they use MSN messenger?
    02-11-08 10:45 PM
    JT supports all those IM networks. Its just like having google talk or aim or yahoo on your computer.
    02-11-08 10:52 PM
    So if I use Google talk and want to message my friend who uses Yahoo it should work?

While I'm at it my gilrfriend has an iPhone and I see there is a JT version for iPhones, can I message with her Jive talk to Jive Talk? and is it free of charge?
    02-12-08 04:54 PM
    Ok you aren't understanding this at all. Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo, MSN are all different instant message networks. Each are separate. For example, on your computer you may have a program for each of these networks. As far as I Know, you cannot sign into Google talk and instant message someone who is using yahoo or aim or whatever. The person you want to message would also need to have a google talk account.

Now a lot of people have an account for more than one of these networks. So on their computer they have a program running for aim and a program running for google talk.

JiveTalk makes connecting to more than one instant message network easy. Instead of having a separate program for google talk, and a separate program for aim, and a separate program for yahoo. You can easily add your AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk, MSN, or whatever to JiveTalk and log into ALL of them.

I think what you need to do, if you already have data package, is to install the free 30 day trial and try it out for yourself to see how it works.
    Last edited by sunkast; 02-12-08 at 05:16 PM.
    02-12-08 05:07 PM
    I'm understanding it better now, thanks to your clarifications, So if I truly do understand if I want to message with my friend or any one for that matter who uses Yahoo I should create a Yahoo account?, If I want to message someone using AIM use my AIM account?

I downloaded last JiveTalk night,

Here's hoping you're a patient man but I have one more question, With BB messenger you send a request to a fellow BB messenger user they accept and they are added to your BBM contacts, How do I invite someone using Jivetalk? Menu>Add Account? if so do I need to know their UN & PW.

Sorry to bother you but I'm excited to get going with Jive Talk

Thanks Sunkast,

Virgil
    02-12-08 05:25 PM
    Correct. The beautiful thing about JiveTalk is that it can connect to all of those networks. You can set up your aim, yahoo, msn, and google talk account in it.

Unfortunately JiveTalk does not support BB Messenger. It is a proprietary network. If you have any BBM contacts, you need to continue using BBM to message them.
    02-12-08 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD