sometimes i notice if its just laying on my desk my 8330 will not flash after a certain time period.. 30min-1 hour il have to click a button to bring up the screen to see the * next to messages.. is there a way to set the time? or is that just a battery saving feature? its just annoying cus il look at the phone and see no messages but il click it and boom 10 msgs
    06-23-08 10:53 AM
    I have honestly never noticed this because I check all of my messages within 5 minutes, even if I do not respond until later

How can you go so long without checking your message. You berry just sitting there, flashing for attention... and you deny it!! haha
    06-23-08 10:57 AM
    Yeah, it does that. Mine too. Battery life is good though. S'why it turns off the LED, I think.
    06-23-08 11:03 AM
    I have honestly never noticed this because I check all of my messages within 5 minutes, even if I do not respond until later

How can you go so long without checking your message. You berry just sitting there, flashing for attention... and you deny it!! haha
    lol as do I !! but theres one exception... and im sure the gf would kick my *** if i were to dare respond to my phone at certain times! lol..... i just was just scared my baby berry was having a problem or somthing when she stops flashing at me....
    06-23-08 11:10 AM
    Nah, you do nt have a problem. It is normal. It seemed annoying to me when I first noticed it but when I thought about it, most other phones done even have a LED.

I can also understand why they do not let you configure this option (at least I don't think they do). If it were settable then folk would begin compalining that the Blackberry battery life was poor when all the time there were disco lights in the lounge whilst the people slept.
    06-23-08 11:20 AM
    lol as do I !! but theres one exception... and im sure the gf would kick my *** if i were to dare respond to my phone at certain times! lol..... i just was just scared my baby berry was having a problem or somthing when she stops flashing at me....
    hahaha! True that bro... I know the scenario... and in that case, the Berry is usually in my pocket, in my pants... which are on the floor.

So I don't even know if I have a message tempting me
    06-23-08 11:25 AM
    hahaha! True that bro... I know the scenario... and in that case, the Berry is usually in my pocket, in my pants... which are on the floor.

So I don't even know if I have a message tempting me
    i always forget to put it on vibrate so the damn thing dings all the time too ... lol...
    06-23-08 11:34 AM
    Yeah, I have noticed that the LED will only flash for 10-15 min or so then quit (probably a battery saving feature), and since you did not respond to the first missed message, there are no additional alerts for messages after that first one.

BB Alerts is a 3rd party program that lets you customize the notifications. It offers a free trial so you can test it out before purchasing.

BByMel Software
    06-23-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD