I believe for the fourth time I've set up my AT&T bberry curve correctly. I just tried to reply to an e-mail and I receive the message: No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft. I dread getting the non-technical technical support on the phone for another hour - does anyone know how to configure this? Yes, I do have the data package, have my desktop stuff loaded properly, I do receive e-mails (just can't send them now!!). Thanks!!!!
    01-03-08 01:17 PM
    I believe for the fourth time I've set up my AT&T bberry curve correctly. I just tried to reply to an e-mail and I receive the message: No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft. I dread getting the non-technical technical support on the phone for another hour - does anyone know how to configure this? Yes, I do have the data package, have my desktop stuff loaded properly, I do receive e-mails (just can't send them now!!). Thanks!!!!
    Have you resent service books, to the phone, from your carrier's website? Delete all references to your email account in /options/advanced/service book, and then resend service books to the phone.
    01-03-08 01:33 PM
    Have you resent service books, to the phone, from your carrier's website? Delete all references to your email account in /options/advanced/service book, and then resend service books to the phone.
    Also, you might just need to reconnect to the mobile network. The more I thought about this, it had happened to me the first time I set up my Pearl. I had to go to the network option and re-establish network connection before things started clicking properly.
    01-03-08 01:35 PM
    Thanks! Do you know which items in the service book to uncheck or delete?
    01-03-08 01:46 PM
    Thanks! Do you know which items in the service book to uncheck or delete?
    They will have your email address in the description field. Should'nt be hard to miss.
    01-03-08 01:47 PM
    Hi again...hopefully I'm describing the problem correctly! In the service book, there is no e-mail address on any of the items (all have check marks next to them). My list starts with Provisioning, then Blackberry Internet Browsing Services, then IPPP for BIBS.....Unless I've really missed it - I can't find it. Still can't send e-mails out...just receiving them. AT&T tech support was of absolutely no help. I spent 45min on hold while being xfered to bbery and then disconnected. Oh well....back to work!
    01-03-08 03:56 PM
    Hi again...hopefully I'm describing the problem correctly! In the service book, there is no e-mail address on any of the items (all have check marks next to them). My list starts with Provisioning, then Blackberry Internet Browsing Services, then IPPP for BIBS.....Unless I've really missed it - I can't find it. Still can't send e-mails out...just receiving them. AT&T tech support was of absolutely no help. I spent 45min on hold while being xfered to bbery and then disconnected. Oh well....back to work!

If you are not seeing any of your email addresses in /service book, you need to have them sent to your BlackBerry.

Please login to your provider's website and do this. If it's not possible, through the web interface, please direct said clueless CSR to quote 'send service books to your phone'

PS - Sorry for the late reply, have been on the phone with my little sister who is getting gouged by a car salesman. BLAH.
    01-03-08 05:46 PM
    Thank you again! I will have to try tomorrow - the AT&T lady did not feel as though my problem was with the phone's service books but then again she couldn't pull up my issue on her screen. I'm going to delete the desktop stuff - do I need it? This is my 3rd bberry and I haven't had to install it yet. Good luck with the new car and hopefully tomorrow I won't spend 2+hrs w/AT&T. Almost makes Sprint look good!! ~Jamie
    01-03-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD