Hmm, I don't understand why the RM cleaner didn't work for you. Was it the acidic cleaner w/hydrochloric acid or a milder cleaner made by Rubbermade?
    It was Acid mix
    02-01-09 11:56 PM
    Yep thats what I got too....
    02-02-09 11:18 AM
    Yep thats what I got too....
    Thanks for the wake up call , I just about gave up on black ring till I came across your post and pics.
    It took about 12 hr and now have black,I will post pics when black trackball arrives hopefully by Friday
    02-02-09 11:27 AM
    dvdfan2k how did you get the track ball to green
    02-03-09 01:33 PM
    dvdfan2k how did you get the track ball to green
    The trackball is dyed. See the link in my sig., "Dyed Trackball Picture Gallery", there is a link in the first post to another thread on how to dye the trackballs different colors.
    02-03-09 01:37 PM
    Product I'm using purchased at Walmart for 8 bucs.

It works pretty fast.
    Soooooo.....You soaked the ring over night in that and then spray painted the ring black with common black spray paint?

I'm just wondering how you got it black.
    02-03-09 04:17 PM
    Soooooo.....You soaked the ring over night in that and then spray painted the ring black with common black spray paint?

I'm just wondering how you got it black.
    The ring is black plastic underneath the chrome finish.
    02-03-09 04:33 PM
    The ring is black plastic underneath the chrome finish.
    Nice. I was able to order my black front and black keys but I still need the following which cnn does not carry. Any ideas?

[1] Black battery cover
    [2] Black bottom cover
    [3] Black nav keys (call, hang up, honeycomb, back error button)
    02-03-09 04:36 PM
    Nice. I was able to order my black front and black keys but I still need the following which cnn does not carry. Any ideas?

[1] Black battery cover
    [2] Black bottom cover
    Try here maybe:
    Blackberry :: Manufacturers :: Truesupplier - The best mobile phone and PDA accessories wholesale CO.
    02-03-09 04:38 PM
    Greetings!

Just in case anyone has any reservations about ordering from Cellular Accessories over in Hong Kong.

I ordered a couple of track balls (G1 and stock), on Tuesday the 10th, and to my surprise they arrive here this morning, Thursday the 12th!!

Everything looks perfect, the black G1 is in my curve and working great, and the chrome ring is soaking in "super clean" as I type this....
    02-12-09 07:36 PM

[1] Black battery cover
    [2] Black bottom cover
    Check out this thread (with pics), maybe you can order the black 8330 full housing that comes with everything including black keypad and Nav keys:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...8310-a-149425/
    02-12-09 07:58 PM
    Hm... I was just thinking... Is there any way for us to get a cut out of the home row logos? That way when we paint or soak (I haven't done anything yet) our keys we could spray paint the logos back on?
    02-20-09 04:23 PM
    Hm... I was just thinking... Is there any way for us to get a cut out of the home row logos? That way when we paint or soak (I haven't done anything yet) our keys we could spray paint the logos back on?
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the keys are painted from the backside of the keys with some kind of translucent paint.
    02-20-09 06:10 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD