If exit out of the Opera Mini browser on my Curve then the next time I go in and try to load a website from my bookmarks it prompts me and says:

The application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this?

I have to say yes every time. It's not a huge deal but I was wondering if there was a way to set it so that it doesn't do this. I tried going into the permissions but that didn't work? Any help?
    06-25-08 04:16 PM
    It is an unsigned application. Since they did not pay RIM, it will always ask for that prompt.
    06-25-08 04:32 PM
    mine does this too... i just got used to hitting yes
    06-25-08 04:36 PM
    Yeah, it does that. SK1 is right but RIM won;t let them use the Blackberry Internet ports. They want to keep it all for themselves. I am not sure that this is all about $$$
    06-25-08 05:16 PM
    Not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least now I know it's not just my phone.

The only way I get around that is just never close Opera. I exit using the end key.
    06-26-08 08:32 AM
    Not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least now I know it's not just my phone.

The only way I get around that is just never close Opera. I exit using the end key.
    If you leave it open full time I suspect that will impact your memory. Try going to options-->advanced options-->applications-->opera mini-->menu-->edit permissions. Try setting connections to ALLOW.
    06-26-08 08:42 AM
    If you leave it open full time I suspect that will impact your memory. Try going to options-->advanced options-->applications-->opera mini-->menu-->edit permissions. Try setting connections to ALLOW.
    I just tried this an it works, even if you change connections back to custom. Thanks for the tip
    06-26-08 11:13 AM
    I just tried this an it works, even if you change connections back to custom. Thanks for the tip
    on my 8330 even if you edit the permissions to ALLOW it still ask for that annoying prompt.
    08-29-08 07:42 AM
    Not long ago someone suggested this:
    options > security > firewall > enable.

Worked for me...
    08-29-08 08:58 AM

Worked for me...
    Worked like a charm ... thanks!
    08-29-08 09:08 AM
    mine does this too... i just got used to hitting yes
    Same here!!!!
    08-29-08 09:16 AM

Worked for me...

Work perfectly. Thanks.
    09-08-08 09:29 PM
    I saw that enable firewall some time ago too; so I did and OM didnt prompt any more; but then other things stopped working as they used to.
    In the end, I didnt mind clicking yes since I didnt need to have firewall enabled for something so minor.
    09-08-08 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD