for some strange reason my phone says i have a message but ive checked EVERYTHING and i cant find an unread message. It is driving me NUTZ. any one have any suggestions?
    03-13-08 10:01 AM
    Look for all unread messages...

If you have a rogue New Message icon on your Homescreen, or a negative count (-1), any one of these solutions could clear it, or reset it to zero: Try these options:
    • Hard Reset the BlackBerry by pulling battery while powered and reboot;
    • View Messages > Saved Messages;
    • View Messages > View Folders, check each folder (missed calls, SMS in and out boxes, MMS in and out boxes, Saved, browser, phone logs etc);
    • Scroll to top of message folder, over the date heading, click or press menu to MARK PRIOR OPEN;
    • Change your theme and see if it persists, and change back to your desired theme. (Options > Theme > select.)
    • Wipe and reload your OS.
    03-13-08 10:03 AM
    [*]Scroll to top of message folder, over the date heading, click or press menu to MARK PRIOR OPEN
    This worked for me: 8830 World Edition
    Last edited by Challon; 03-13-08 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Cut out un-needed text..
    03-13-08 10:20 AM
    Ok that worked for me.. I went back to the Diemension Icon theme and I had another Email application on the desktop and it had 2 unread messages in it.. I deleted them and it is back to 0.. thanks everyone
    01-28-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD