My little yellow envelope is showing up at the top of my screen indicating that I have an unread message in my box. But there are no unread messages in my box. How do I clear that off of my screen?? Its sort of annoying me.
    01-27-09 09:39 AM
    --in your message folders, hit the u button to make sure there are no unread messages.

--menu-show all, to view all folders, make sure you check your saved folder for any unread that you may have accidently saved.

--make sure you have opened any missed calls and vm in your messages folder if you have those logged.

--battery pull.
    01-27-09 09:42 AM
    If none of that works try this
    1. connect to the desktop manager
    2. do a backup
    3. after that go to backup and restore
    4. in this screen click advanced
    5. in the display box on the right scroll down till you see the messages database
    6. click it and at the bottom of the display box you will see the clear button ungrayed
    7. click that and it will clear your messages(just make sure that you saved all the messages that you need to) and in turn get rid of the indicator, you will not loose saved messages or anything like that
    Last edited by addict83; 01-27-09 at 09:55 AM. Reason: left out a step
    01-27-09 09:46 AM
    [QUOTE=addict83;1514137]If none of that works try this
    1. do a backup
    2. after that go to backup and restore
    /QUOTE]

1. How do you do that?
    2. How do you do a restore?
    01-27-09 09:50 AM
    Tried the first 3, nothing yet. Just did the battery pull. So we will see. Thanks so much for the help!!
    01-27-09 09:51 AM
    make sure you dont have any unread "missed call" or "new voicemail" messages
    01-27-09 09:53 AM
    [quote=Vortec 5.3;1514172]
    1. do a backup
    /QUOTE]

1. How do you do that?
    you connect to the dm to do the backup and you don't need to restore, but you have go into this screen to get to the advanced option
    i had the same problem right after i activated VZW's Virtual Voice Mail. I had to call customer service to resolve the problem. It was like there was a message stuck in space....
    Battery Pull worked!!! I love that I can just pull my battery and its fixes stuff!! Thats why I'm an addict!
    01-27-09 09:55 AM
    Battery Pull worked!!! I love that I can just pull my battery and its fixes stuff!! Thats why I'm an addict!
    great! glad that worked for you!

in the future you can also try a soft reset (as opposed to pulling the battery):

1. hold left alt key
    2. hold right aA key
    3. hold right del key

-hold all at once until the phone restarts.

-wait until you see the white screen and do the alt, shift, del again.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-27-09 at 09:58 AM.
    01-27-09 09:55 AM
    [quote=Vortec 5.3;1514172]
    1. do a backup
    /QUOTE]

1. How do you do that?
    I went back and editted the original post, thanks for the heads up on forgetting to mention that
    01-27-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD