Is there a difference between using the escape button to back out of an application, or to press the menu button and then choose exit? I am mainly concerned if it effects memory.

Thanks
    04-01-09 08:57 PM
    Best habit is to use the menu>close if the app in question allows that. Either way as you get familiar with the device its good practice. You can hit alt - esc (rt of the trackball) to see what apps are running - You should see 5 (bbm, phone, messages, browser and home screen) anything else is open and might not have been closed properly
    04-01-09 09:02 PM
    Tre is right. Properly closing an app is a good habit to get into. Doing this you can get optimum performance out of your berry...
    04-01-09 09:10 PM
    Saves the battery too by limiting apps running in the background.
    04-02-09 06:50 AM
    Tim if you do press the escape button all the time don't feel bad...i just started hitting the menu button and closing all my stuff out. and i still have a habit of pressing the escape button.
    04-02-09 07:14 AM
    Good tip. I used the Alt-Escape combination and discovered PTT (Pust to Talk) running. However I don't use PTT and thought it was removed from my BB. It doesn't show in my app list. How do I find out if it's somehow hidden or still on my BB?
    04-02-09 07:24 AM
    Good tip. I used the Alt-Escape combination and discovered PTT (Pust to Talk) running. However I don't use PTT and thought it was removed from my BB. It doesn't show in my app list. How do I find out if it's somehow hidden or still on my BB?
    Check and see if it shows when you are hooked up to your DM...if so check it and delete it.
    04-02-09 07:33 AM
    PTT is probably assigned to the left or right convenience key. Check in Options > Screen/Keyboard. It it's like TMO's MyFaves app it's always running. You can use CrackMem to remove it.
    04-02-09 07:42 AM
    I know it's not assigned to a side key but I'll check DM again. The last time I ran DM, which is every other day to backup, it was not installed. That's why I'm so surprised to see it running.
    04-02-09 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD