My BB has been running really slow lately so I installed a memory card to alleviate the issue. It helped for a while but now I'm back to a slow crawl at times which has really caused some problems when VZ Navigator just freezes on me.

I know if I can just clean the emails and text messages off the media card, but I can't figure out how to access the cards memory bu itself. I certainly don't want to clear the pictures off of it (it's only a couple but I'd rather not delete them) so I'd rather not format the card if I don't have to.
    02-22-10 06:45 AM
    How many apps do you have installed, and are you running multiple apps at the same time?
    02-22-10 07:19 AM
    If you only have a couple of pictures, email them to yourself in an attachment, reformat your card, then save the pictures again after you've reformatted.

How old is your device? 8330 is it? If your BlackBerry is a lil' older, you may be suffering from a weakening battery, even though it may show fully charged, as a battery nears the end if its life, it will slow, lag, and cause freeze-ups.

Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 07:39 AM
    Just get a cheap USB card reader and plug it into your PC. Copy the card over to a safe location on your PC and then format the card and copy everything back.
    02-22-10 08:39 AM
    I have a few apps, the only one that runs consistently is Facebook and that's becasue there's really no way to turn it off that I know of.

It's an older model, but I bought it back in October so the battery should still be good to go.

I guess the real issue is that I'd really like to click on something and just pull up the contents of my memory card to clear it out real quick for those times when things start to slow down and I need a quick speed boost to get my GPS running properly.
    Last edited by BurnedEdge; 02-22-10 at 09:16 AM.
    02-22-10 09:13 AM

I guess the real issue is that I'd really like to click on something and just pull up the contents of my memory card to clear it out real quick for those times when things start to slow down and I need a quick speed boost to get my GPS running properly.
    I may be missing your point here, but by clearing off the contents of your media card, how will you gain speed and memory? I do not use gps on my 8330 so unfortunately I can't figure out how keeping your storage card empty would help you. The media card should be properly formatted and all the items loaded back on it. I don't believe it would have anything to do with the lagginess you might be experiencing. I have over 12 GB of photos, movies and music on my card and I experience NO LAG.

Someone with more experience will suggest other things for you to try along with the excellent suggestion posted above to clear off your card, format it and load things back.

People are very knowledgeable here. They will help.
    02-22-10 11:16 AM
    How do I access my media card which was encrypted? I'm using the same device (8310), which took all the videos and pics. The problem is that I entered the wrong password and hence the phone wiped out; hence I can't access the pics on my media card. If I format it, I lose all of the pics and videos, which really can't lose. The pics are all jpeg.rem, which I can't view on windows media player or any where can .rem is not supported.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    02-22-10 12:45 PM
    If you can transfer them to a pc.( whether they can be played or not) you then can format your card and move them back…. Can you go into media, menu, search or explore should let you see card and move pics to device or to the card.. not sure with your encrypted card though...

If you have the card out is your device still having problems?? What is your free device memory?

Jaydee sometimes corrupt data or a bad card will slow your berry down to a crawl. Big mystery as to why or how...
    02-22-10 01:55 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, messages are stored in the phone's memory...not the media card, which is for pictures, video, music, and voice recordings.

Hold the Alt key and the Shift key at the same time as pushing the H key to bring up the Help Me! screen. Once that screen comes up, scroll down to the bottom and find the File Free. If it's below 10000000 Bytes, there is insufficient memory to operate optimally. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...rry-smartphone will help you properly free up memory space to give your phone a boost.

plunkingtom, I have seen some instances on here where people have experienced problems due to a corrupted media card. However, the original poster said that he was having the problem before he installed the media card. I, personally, would try to find out if I could fix the problem by freeing up some System Memory before I messed with the media card.
    Last edited by CarolinaFaithful; 02-22-10 at 07:46 PM.
    02-22-10 07:38 PM
    The guy at the Verizon store told me that if I installed the card then my messages would save to there and I could blank the card when I needed to free up space. Now I'm thinking it doesn't exactly work that way.

I was able to bring up the card contents through the media screen, so thanks for that tip! I still find it odd that there's no simple option to just click and browse a memory card.

CarolinaFaithful: Thanks for the help menu tip, I've been trying to access that info without having to look everywhere. I wonder if I missed that section of the owners manual.

The issue has for the most part been resolved. The offender was my Slacker Radio app. It's a cool program but ate away at my memory like Pac Man on a fast food binge.

Thanks for everyone's help!
    02-24-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD