What's the best way to fix a memory leak? I've been having issues with my bb 8310's memory. It drops significantly (sometimes from 4000000 to 900000) within minutes. I tried to counter this issue by deleting all my apps and reloading them one by one. I loaded all the apps and was at 9000000 on available memory for about an hour or so. Suddenly it started tumbling. I deleted a lot of apps that I much rather would not have (bolt, fb, google maps) and I'm still having the same damned issues. Now I'm getting a low memory warning on my screen. The hourglass is a constant and I'm doing a battery pull at least twice a day. Right now my only apps are yahoo messenger and ubertwitter. As I type the hourglass keeps popping up. Under status it shows my file free as 3876606 Bytes and I'm not running either one of my two apps. So, obviously there has to be a memory leak somewhere. Please help me with this. I'm at the end of my rope with this worthless "smart" phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 01:58 AM
    It might help to state what firmware you are running on. This may give those with vast knowledge of these things some more information to help you. I would think about upgrading to the latest and greatest that stickied to the top of the 83xx forums - there is an official one for AT&T.

Usually, the best thing to do is to uninstall the apps one by one and see what is causing it. Painstaking, I know, but sometimes it's the only way. I would be suspect of your Ubertwitter setup. When I first used it and was messing with the settings it's easy to get it to kill the battery fast - I never looked at the memory usage on the battery killing settings but it could be a culprit. It could even be Yahoo! Messenger if you left it running in the background (never used it myself)? Since you state you only have two more apps, I'd go for it and remove them. How much memory do you have after a battery pull now with only these two?

Good luck with finding the leak!
    01-10-10 02:17 AM
    Sorry, I'm running 4.5.0.110.

01-10-10 03:37 AM
    Well, I cleared out my last two apps (ubertwitter and yahoo messenger) and my file free is only 8326710 Bytes. I cleared my cache already and I'm still low (should be at least 12, correct?).

01-10-10 03:52 AM
    Oh, and before I forget: When I woke up yesterday my screen was white and it had a message that I believe said "app error 532" (not 100% on the number)

01-10-10 03:54 AM
    Your file free is way too low to start. You should have at a minimum 12,000,000 at start up. Just opening my pictures would drop it by about 5MB. Use my guide, and upgrade the OS. The newest one is much more stable, and if you follow the guide, you should have at least 20,000,000 at start up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...ersion-387520/

Guide:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/
    01-10-10 07:15 AM
    I downloaded the new OS and it works perfectly now. Thanks for all your help.
    01-11-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD