Ok I am so confused right now.

In the status I only see File Free which is about 23,000,000 About 23MB.
    There is no total memory catagory like people say there is.. So I have no idea what the "total memory" is. It's the 8330 so I know it has 96MB of flash memory and 32mb of sdram.

Is the File Free in the status window the amount of free sdram? with 23mb free out of 32mb that would sound about right. Some how I'm thinking that the file free has to be the actual ram and not the flash memory that holds the applications and stuff. I had come across a pdf from the BB site saying that File Free memory had to do with the sdram...

Now here's the kicker. With Desktop Manager when you go to the help then "device properties" it tells you how much application memory your device has total, and it displays 96MB. Then it displays free application memory which now shows around 22mb. Now just as I thought that I knew the basics of the memory issue I load up the application loader and it says I have 33.2mb free for applications.

What the heck do you make of it? screen shots:

Last edited by mrspock2002; 07-20-09 at 01:01 AM.
    07-20-09 12:56 AM
    Hold alt key and the left shift key then hit "h". That brings up the help screen which will show you what you are looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:10 AM
    Yeah I did that but it doesn't say anything about the pictures above
    07-20-09 11:40 AM
    file free has to be the actual ram and not the flash memory ...
    There is some slight of hand going on inside your Curve.

You do indeed have 96 Mb available. 64 Mb is Flash Memory, just like the other Curves, but there is an second store of 32 Mb. It is likley being managed like paged memory on an older PC computer.

The next generation of BlackBerry, beginning with Bold have upgraded the processor to one that is able to address the full 32 bit memory space.
    07-20-09 12:51 PM
    There is some slight of hand going on inside your Curve.

You do indeed have 96 Mb available. 64 Mb is Flash Memory, just like the other Curves, but there is an second store of 32 Mb. It is likley being managed like paged memory on an older PC computer.

The next generation of BlackBerry, beginning with Bold have upgraded the processor to one that is able to address the full 32 bit memory space.
    So any idea as to which memory module my "memory free" in the OS is for? It's about 25 MB free. according to the phone. And how come when you pull the battey the amount file free goes up? Is the info that is being erased while you do pull the battery cached info that the ram slaps on the flash memory that is just temporary?
    07-21-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD