I have a BB curve and try to manage the memory issues well. I know the BB needs at least 12xxxxxx to run and dumps text messages and phone call logs when file free is running low. After a battery pull, I have just over 28mb file free. At just over 26mb file free my curve starts dumping texts as fast as they come in as well as the phone call logs. It also stalls out and gives me the java out of memory error. Is this normal? I only get about 2,mb worth of smooth operation. I thought the curve was great....... I'm changing my mind..

How much file free does the curve actually need to run without repeatedly having to be rebooted. This is extremely frustrating. I have to perform at least 5 battery pulls a day.

Any suggestions would be great...

Thanks...
    11-06-08 05:16 PM
    Have you recently upgraded the OS?
    11-06-08 05:19 PM
    You were correct above, 12 is all it needs, if you are at 26 and it starts clearing out the messages, etc. That's a device issue.
    11-06-08 05:19 PM
    To my knowledge Sprint has not issued an os upgrade yet for the 8330. I was thinking there is something wrong with my device. Two guys I work with have an 8330 and they don't have any problems losing call logs or texts.
    11-06-08 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD