Hi guys im new here an im also new user of Blackberry, i have a Blackberry 8310 an i'd like to chage the central memory of my smartphone to a external memory (Minisd) cuz' the internal memory is not enough... can i do that?... thank
    05-29-08 11:20 AM
    search for "memory" in the the forums and you'll find a lot of info on how to clear up some memory on your Curve.
    Get a memory card to save all your pics, music, ringtones on.
    05-29-08 11:23 AM
    Adding a media card lets you keep all your pics, ringtones, etc. on the media card to keep them from taking up the main system memory.
    05-29-08 11:28 AM
    I use mine as an MP3 player with a 8GB Sanddisk microSD.I love it.
    05-29-08 11:40 AM
    What adding a Media Card does not do is to allow you to install pgograms on the card. As its name implies, it is intended for storing media. Installed programs reside wholly in the internal Device Memory.

For proper operation of your Balckberry you need aminimum of 12Mb of 'File Free' Device Memeory.

I keep all my msic, photos and uninstalled software on the Media Card. I only keep my one single phone ringtone and my one single wallpaper in the Device Memory. I have only the BBDimension themes installed and I change the wallppaer from time to time.

My 8310 is currently running at 30.6Mb free. I have Opermini Empower and a couple of other things installed. I try hard to run a minimalist installation. My Blackberry's prime function is to act as a phone.
    05-29-08 11:41 AM
    So I have to record all my ringtones and pictures, etc on my external device.. but the software and appications have to be install in the internal memory... am i o right? thanks for all the help.. ahh and by the way im outside from U.S, i'm in south america and here the technical support does'nt work to well...
    05-29-08 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD