Hi peoples,

Ok, so I thought I would pretend I knew what I was doing. I followed John Clarkes's guide and was about to load the new settings onto my Curve 8310. Upon hitting "next" I get the error

"The application "Browser" cannot be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not available: net.rim.blackberry.xml"

So to some of you people who don't have to pretend what they are doing, What did I delete that I shouldn't have? Can I just put something back where it belongs or am I stuck starting the process from scratch. Thank bunches!!
    04-17-08 07:46 PM
    One way to cause the error is to edit "Blackberry.alx" in the loader files.
    It dont happen to everyone, but it has happened to some..

Uninstalling the device software, and reinstalling it should fix it..
    Overwriting "Blackberry.alx" with a backup don't always fix it..
    Last edited by Timewalk; 04-17-08 at 07:57 PM.
    04-17-08 07:55 PM
    Thanks Timewalk, At least it sounds like I might have done it right. Well, I'll give that stuff a shot. lol, before the night is out I'll be a pro at this!!
    04-17-08 08:12 PM
    Happened to me so I left it the same way and just removed the wallpapers, ringtones, and programs I don't want.
    04-17-08 08:46 PM
    Always create a copy or back up of any file you modify or remove from the device OS software.
    04-17-08 08:59 PM
    Alrighty then, Yup, I backed everything up to begin with. I wasnt very worried about scewing anything up, more worried about wasting my time, lol. However, it all worked out for the best. I just deleted the OS completly and reloaded it on my PC brand new and started from scratch and it all works great now and I have 20.6 kb of free space!! Thanks for your help.
    04-17-08 09:36 PM
    How long did it take? I need to delete a lot of locked wallpapers and other memory eaters.
    04-17-08 10:15 PM
    I would say that the actual deleting of the files took about 30 min. I had to delete my OS to fix my error and that seemed to take forever to load. Over all, I prolly spent about 1 hour messing with it. Just follow the instructions as he has them. If I had, I would have noticed my original question was actuaaly answered in his guide, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD