Anyone use this???? Found this after the upgrade to 4.5/81
    If it was there before on 4.2 I did not ever see it, and have never seen it mentioned...

Options/Security Options/ Memory Cleaning, then you will see Status: Disabled. Enable this leave the settings as they are and exit saving the "changes made".
    go back to the screen with all your program icons and look for a icon that looks like a shreader with a paper in it, click on this and it will clean your phones memory. I found this by mistake and it seems to keep the phone clean and fast
    10-13-08 04:54 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The memory cleaner only works on certain specific items that are considered a security risk if lost.

What it does not do, is remove the preinstalled samples. That is what most folks consider memory cleaning.
    10-13-08 04:57 PM
    so how do you "clean" the preloaded samples
    10-13-08 05:00 PM
    It's not necessary to run the Memory Cleaner manually. With the following settings, it will run automatically:
    Memory Cleaning
    Clean When Holstered: Yes
    Clean When Idle: Yes
    Idle Timeout: 5 min
    Show Icon on Home Screen: No

It cleans the following caches: Address Book Cache; Certificate Search; Certificate Status Manager; Clipboard; Content Protection Cache; Encrypted Messages; Key Store; PGP Key Search

It doesn't do anything to free up memory or improve system speed, but it doesn't hurt to let it run.

EDIT: to free up memory, run the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. It was created for the purpose by Forums Moderator Reed McLay.
    Last edited by JeffH; 10-13-08 at 05:04 PM. Reason: more info
    10-13-08 05:01 PM
    so how do you "clean" the preloaded samples

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    10-13-08 05:05 PM
    Great info Reed and Jeff. You guys are a big help to everyone on CB. I just wanted to say thanks.
    10-13-08 05:08 PM
    Thank you for those kind words, but I think the thanks also goes to scores of our committed members that volunteer their time to share the experience and knowledge.

Helping you all to be happy and productive users is what makes it a worth while experience.
    10-13-08 05:14 PM
    Thank you for those kind words, but I think the thanks also goes to scores of our committed members that volunteer their time to share the experience and knowledge.

Helping you all to be happy and productive users is what makes it a worth while experience.
    Indeed my good man. I second that wholeheartedly.
    10-13-08 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD