Sorry if this is already a discussion I could not find one.

Hmm reasons I hate my black berry. It runs slows A lot, blackberry messenger sucks, disappearing applications and many more things.

Okay, so through the options>Security>Memory Cleaning:

Enabling it with the settings
    Clean When Holstered: Yes
    Clean when idle: Yes
    Idle timeout 5 mins
    Show icon on home screen: Yes
    All cleaners there and activated.

So after I enable it, it shows up on my home screen. I of course use it to make my phone run faster. So after an hour or so I want to use it again because my phone is running slow again. I scroll down to where it should be and it is gone! I go back into the settings and it is now disabled. What gives?

Does anyone else have this problem and if so have they resolved it. Lord knows I have not resolved it yet and it drives me mad. I just want to use the program more. I have used other programs such as Steelhorn's quick pull, but since I got a new phone I dont have it anymore and dont really care for it.

I will say that Quick Pull is a good program but why get it if your phone already comes equiped with it. Not to mention that in the setting you can set it so that it'll shut itself off and turn back on while you sleep so it's like a battery pull with out actually pulling the battery.

Any help and or advice would be much appreciated.

Reaper414
    01-05-10 11:15 PM
    How much free memory do you have (Options>Status>File Free)?
    If you have less than 12 000 000 you should delete some stuff off of your phone.
    Pictures and music should be stored on a media card if thats a option and keep applications to a minimum. A program like MaxMem can free up some extra memory.

Thats probably a better option than using the Berry memory cleaner
    01-05-10 11:21 PM
    I have been experimenting with memory cleaners. (QuickLaunch Memory Cleaner, which probably just runs the built-in cleaner, and Aerize Optimizer.) So far, none of them come close to QuickPull in freeing up memory. I don't understand why you say you don't care for it, yet you point out that you can let it clean up your phone while you sleep. I think you are just frustrated because you don't think you should need it at all. I can see that point, but just accept it and use QuickPull. I have the Pro version and I wake up to a clean refreshed screen and 5 MB recovered every morning.
    01-06-10 08:09 AM
    The first point to note, BlackBerry Memory Cleaner is intended to clear sensitive data from the clip board and a couple other minor functions. It is not intended to optimize memory and.

Memory Optimization means removing the useless memory wasting stuff like teh sample video, music and wall paper backgrounds. Next, there are sevearl BES only programs that are installed, these should also be removed.

Combined with the optimum device s settings and you should see 20+ Mb of File Free memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    01-06-10 10:00 AM
    I used the MaxMem memory optimization program and I average about 39 Mb of free space! I highly recommend it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 02:38 PM
    In my experience Memory Cleaner gets disabled every time you reboot your bb and you have to re- enable it. As stated above, it doesn't do much to speed up your bb. I make sure I don't have any apps running in the background, clear my browser cache and event log, and reboot my bb to regain any memory I can. You can use a program or just push alt - shift - del. I have over 33 mb of free space on my 8330m and my bb runs great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD