Hello -

I am thinking about purchasing a bigger memory card - I currently have the one that came with my blackberry curve. However, how do I know if my pictures, themes, ringtones are saved to my memory card or just to my device? Little as I know maybe my blackberry doesn't have a so called "hard drive" and just puts everything to the memory card. Anyways if someone could help me out with this that would be great. I assume if my pics and everything are on the memory card I would have to use desktop manager to transfer them to my computer and when I get the new memory card transfer them back onto my blackberry?

Thanks.

Chad
    08-20-08 08:44 AM
    You can go to Media, then hit Menu, Explore - look in Device Memory and Media Card to see what was stored on each.

You can use Windows Explorer to transfer from old card to new.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/mana...ry-card-40468/
    08-20-08 08:46 AM
    The best thing to do is to plug the Curver into the pc and when you are given the option of "enabling mass media" click "yes". This will then enable you to find the media card in "My Computer". From there you can simply copy and paste from the card to the pc and reverse the process when you get the new sd card. One thing I've seen advised a few times is to put the new, blank sd card straight into your Curve (before the pc or anywhere else) for formatting. Once it's been in the phone it will have the same folders on it as on your existing media card.
    08-20-08 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD