i'm very new to the curve, i have the 8330 model from alltel, just got it last week.

i am wondering what memory cards everyone uses, what size, and what the memory cards are exactly used for?

are their main uses for video storage, pictures, songs, etc?

thanks
    06-03-08 11:25 PM
    i'm very new to the curve, i have the 8330 model from alltel, just got it last week.

i am wondering what memory cards everyone uses, what size, and what the memory cards are exactly used for?

are their main uses for video storage, pictures, songs, etc?thanks

Stick with a known vendor, SanDisk, PNY, etc.
    Sizes vary 2gb, 4gb, 6gb and 8gb (Not sure if the last 2 work on your OS)
    I have a 4gb in my 8310

Yes, but keep in mind that it is a "memory card" so you can also use it the way you'd use a flash drive.
    06-03-08 11:30 PM
    I have a 4GB on the way, I really don't require a much larger card. I use it to store applications, pictures, music, and other things I don't want taking up my device memory.

If you look on amazon, you can find a good deal on 4gb cards. There are a lot of good shops out there for microSD cards, though if you don't have many applications / songs / pictures, you may not even need one
    06-04-08 01:37 AM
    i have a 2 GB for now.
    06-04-08 03:02 AM
    Stick with a known vendor, SanDisk, PNY, etc.
    Sizes vary 2gb, 4gb, 6gb and 8gb (Not sure if the last 2 work on your OS)
    I have a 4gb in my 8310

Yes, but keep in mind that it is a "memory card" so you can also use it the way you'd use a flash drive.
    ^What AG said.

The part about the OS is that the current, non-beta OS only supports up to 4GB. You could put a 6 or 8 in there, but only 4 would be usable. Future OS updates will increase this.

Also, go to Options>Media Card and turn on "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected". This will allow you to drag and drop files to your media card just like a thumb drive and is an extremely easy way to transfer music, videos, etc.

Good luck and welcome to Crackberry!
    06-04-08 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD