How do you transfer ringtones,videos etc from 1 memory card to another. I used the desktop manager but can't figure how to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 10:44 PM
    Enable your mass storage device mode and just copy everything to your computer then format your new memory card your going to use and after copy the videos, ringtunes, music, etc into the right places in your newly formatted card. Transfer everything as if you were using a flash drive.
    09-25-09 10:47 PM
    Connect your BlackBerry to your PC, then copy all the files on the card to your desktop using Mass Storage Mode, keeping the same folder structure, then change the cards in your BlackBerry and copy them back. Or, if you have an adapter that lets you put the memory card in a slot on your PC, you can copy them directly.

If you are not familiar with Mass Storage Mode, here's how to use it:
    Mass Storage Mode lets you drag and drop files to/from your computer to your BlackBerry Media Card. You enable it as follows:

Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.
    09-25-09 10:50 PM
    I read the instructions and still seem to be doing something wrong. I connected my BB to the DM, enabled mass storage, and copied the contents of the media card to my computer.
    I then inserted the new media card, formatted it, then plugged the BB into the computer.......

I think this is where I get lost.....should I have enabled mass storage again? I did and it opened two drives- E: and F: what should I do? which of these should I copy the files back to?
    And if I should not have enabled mass storage mode with the new media card, then what do I do?

Can someone please dumb-it down for me, and walk me step by step through the process. I really want to upgrade my 2GB to a 4GB.

Thanx
    10-04-09 10:59 PM
    I read the instructions and still seem to be doing something wrong. I connected my BB to the DM, enabled mass storage, and copied the contents of the media card to my computer.
    I then inserted the new media card, formatted it, then plugged the BB into the computer.......

I think this is where I get lost.....should I have enabled mass storage again? I did and it opened two drives- E: and F: what should I do? which of these should I copy the files back to?
    And if I should not have enabled mass storage mode with the new media card, then what do I do?

Can someone please dumb-it down for me, and walk me step by step through the process. I really want to upgrade my 2GB to a 4GB.

Thanx

Unless you copied all the info over to the new card already only one should have the media on it. If you have a media card reader on your old 2 GB (sounds that way as you described having two removable drives on your pc) and your new 4 GB in your device that is plugged into your pc you are good to go. You want to enable mass storage mode again as the others have described this allows you to copy the info from the old card to the new one. If you still need further assistance, pm me and I will walk you through it...
    10-04-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD