I currently have a smaller gig memory card in my phone that I have a lot of pics, videos, and music on.
    It is almost full and I would like to buy a bigger gig card, however I want all my files that I currently have on the almost full card to also be on the new card (so all my music and photos etc transfer)

Is there a way to do this?
    Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    04-25-09 08:02 AM
    Yes there is. Connect the device to your computer. use mass storage mode to move it all to the computer. Then install the larger card and move it back the same way.
    04-25-09 08:05 AM
    THANK YOU! I am very happy to hear that!
    04-25-09 08:08 AM
    Can you please give me a little more detail on how to do that once I select mass storage mode?? Im not sure how to go from that point... like to get into everything that is on the card and such? And where do I put it on the computer? Sorry this is all new to me.

thanks!
    04-25-09 08:10 AM
    You are welcome. Welcome to CB
    04-25-09 08:10 AM
    Once this is enabled and if you are using Vista or XP, go in to the my computer(XP) or computer (Vista) and you can see the BB device there, click on it and then you will see the media card. Select all and move it all to your desktop. After you install the other just do the same in reverse.
    04-25-09 08:12 AM
    Please don't take this the wrong way...I am only trying to help. But since you are new to this, and you don't have experience moving files around on your computer, I would suggest getting a friend to help or show you. It will only take him or her a couple of minutes.

I just know how frustrating it is to lose those pictures!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 08:41 AM
    Kidberry if you follow lastraid's instructions step by step you will be fine moving them. The only way you will ever learn is to get in there and just do it.
    04-25-09 08:45 AM
    Kid - since you have a data plan, if nothing elase and I hope you do not have a lot of them, you can alway email the pictures to your email address. this will get them over to the computer. Just a thought.
    04-25-09 08:52 AM
    Hook it up to your computer, open blackberry desktop manager, open media manager, on the bottom there will be all the files that are on the media card. Do the mass storage mode and move them all into one folder on your computer (just make a new one and put it in a spot that you can get to easily). Put them all in there, install new media card, hook up phone to the computer, transfer files the same way you removed them...
    04-25-09 11:42 AM
    yo look i have a problem thats driving me crazyyy!!! really my phone has os 4.5 and i recently bought a 4gig card so i was exited and all but when y install it it slows down and freezes if a play son music an let the screen go off like for about 1 and a half minute it totally freezes so i have to do a battpulloff
    so i have to stay with the support off. i just can stand it anymore really plzz help me its really urgent... please....
    04-25-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD